At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for Americans with limited income. Over 5 million people use our app, Providers, to manage the benefits they use to keep their family well-fed and healthy, stay up to date on critical government programs, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Providers here. Now we’ve expanded further into the financial services space, offering the best banking option for low-income Americans.
We’re hiring a Senior Product Designer, Growth to lead design on our first dedicated growth squad, with an initial focus on helping our 5M+ monthly active users understand, discover, and adopt the Providers Card - our new debit card built specifically to meet their needs. You’ll work in partnership with engineers, data analysts, and our Director of Growth Product to listen closely to users, rapidly test hypotheses for how to move users through the funnel, and bring delight to all new Providers Card users. You’ll partner closely with the core product team to deliver the best possible user experience, while also enabling their experiments and learning.
The ideal candidate will have a strong visual design skills as well as the ability to rapidly produce variations of growth experiments and new features in Figma. As a member of the design team, you’ll have support from colleagues across Product Design, Visual Design, UX Research and Content Design.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Nyca Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Flourish Ventures, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We’re strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact on our team, product, and business.
- An opportunity to work on a product used by millions of people.
- A get-stuff-done, fun, and caring culture.
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission.
- A remote first working environment with an HQ in Brooklyn, an office in Salt Lake City, and satellite offices in San Francisco + Los Angeles. Team meets quarterly in-person for optional retreats and on-sites.
- 20 Days of PTO.
- $10k lifetime spend towards Carrot Fertility.
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision options.
- Propel believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and equitably. We set our salary ranges using compensation data from hundreds of NYC based startups at our stage. Additionally, pay is not determined based on location. The salary range for this position is $165,000 - $195,000 depending on experience. Equity and excellent benefits come with this position as well!
What you’ll do:
- Dive deep into the funnel data for the Providers app and the debit product. Create a prioritized backlog of experiments to test hypotheses.
- Participate in user research and internalize the customer voice. Connect with users to gather insights about missing value that could lead to net new functionality built by the core product team.
- Guide the organization to follow along with learnings to drive tribal knowledge and inspire more hypotheses for more impact.
- Own the Providers app home page and all personalization and onboarding that impacts the experience.
- Audit the existing growth stack, including experimentation capabilities, push, email, in-app messaging, and analytics.
- Make experimentation simpler and the results more reliable for both the growth squad and the core product team.
- Define success for the growth squad and set measurable objectives to track progress.
- Work with engineering, design, marketing, and data teams to create a shared identity and operating model that fosters collaboration and embraces learning quickly.
What you have:
- 4+ years of experience working as a product designer for a consumer software product.
- A work portfolio that shows relevant work and a strong user research process. To be considered for this role, a portfolio is required with application submission. If your portfolio is password protected, please include the password.
- You’ve led design on a big growth win for a consumer software product. Perhaps you drove creative for a major new acquisition channel, or you completely revamped a funnel, or you led design on a product that grew significantly.
- Expertise using Figma. You are an expert user of our core design tool, enabling you to explore widely on modest timelines.
- Strong visual design aesthetic. You have a command of composition, color, typography and art direction in interface design.
- Basic motion design skills. You can show examples of design work that includes the transitions and animations that make interactions feel high quality.
- A background serving our customer segment and/or deep interest in learning about their problems and needs.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to tell a compelling story about design strategy.
- Fintech experience is a huge plus!