At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance by giving members meaningful insights, actionable recommendations, and real results through a deeper understanding of their bodies. We are growing fast and looking to raise the bar on the experience for a product that has already changed countless lives.
WHOOP is seeking a mission-driven Senior Product Designer with strong UX thinking, design execution, and leadership skills to own and evolve the WHOOP experience. As a senior member of the team, you will partner closely with product and engineering to define, iterate, and evolve business-critical features from concept to launch. You get excited about exploring new functionality and distilling complex sports science and health topics into digestible, simple themes.
The engagement team is responsible for creating features that empower WHOOP members to understand behavioral insights, track their performance progress both physiologically and psychologically, and to recognize trends in their data.
- Own the creative process by iterating on feature concepts from inception to launch and beyond
- Evolve feature design concepts by producing mockups, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- Collect feedback across the organization by working with marketing, product, and technical team members as well as with customers via usability studies
- Act as the key stakeholder to data science, marketing, and product to communicate to members through the voice of the product
- Build and promote empathy with our customer base through user research
- Engage with members, our user experience researcher, and our analytics team to gather and translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into actionable/informed design decisions
- 5+ years product design experience for mobile (iOS and Android) and consumer-facing digital products
- Expertise owning the entire UX design process and a history of launching major features from start to finish
- Experience with common design tools and methodologies (e.g. Figma, wireframing, workflow diagrams, prototyping, etc)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams. (e.g. Product, UX Copywriting, Engineering, Analytics, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and expertise in explaining complex themes in simple terms and data visualization
- Consistently positive attitude, highly self-motivated, undeterred by challenging feedback or the occasional need to send things back to the drawing board
- A robust portfolio of previous product design work that demonstrates your ability to communicate technical concepts clearly
- A passion for, or experience in, the fitness, wellness, health, or performance space
- Willingness to move at an uncomfortable pace and gracefully deal with spikes in workload
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility