Who we are
Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Omnipresent does just that.
We are a customer-focused global employment services partner that can help companies grow their teams in 155 countries and territories around the world. How do we do that? Well, through our SaaS platform, OmniPlatform. We help companies (big or small) deal with the complexities involved with hiring global teams remotely, by managing employee onboarding through to offboarding, including legal and compliance, payroll, expenses, and health and benefits.
We also practice what we preach! We are a fully remote company which means we have no head office. Our team of more than 300 people is located in more than 45 countries and territories around the world. This means you can work from anywhere. We provide benefits and support in any global location just as we would for our clients and their remote teams. Our company has a flat structure which means accountability and taking initiative towards your everyday tasks that help further our ambitious company goals.
At a time when remote work is exploding, we’re growing our team to help make global remote work a reality for people everywhere.
Read more about Life at Omnipresent here
What will you do?
You'll help grow and shape a new, exciting Product Design team, but you’ll also embed yourself within a Product development squad working on the design system. You will be in charge of developing the tools, components, documentation, and educational materials that will enable designers and engineers to create world-class experiences. You will work closely with product designers, engineers, and product managers, to evolve and scale our design system.
- You’ll be an advocate for the design system throughout the company, representing the team in product discussions and educating others on how to use the system
- Work with designers to ensure they're leveraging the Design System
- Work within the development team to drive interaction design and visual product design, engaging the entire team through the process (agile co-development, not waterfall).
- Ensure, along with the rest of Product Design Team, that our Product is consistent, compliant with our design language and brand, and feels like a high-end, simple product.
- Empower product designers with tools and superpowers to improve their workflow, through the use of our design system, and by upholding atomic design principles
- Lead the negotiation of experience priorities with Engineers, Product Managers and Designers to balance business and technical constraints, advocating Simple, Easy and Innovative.
- Increase the level of team maturity. Mentor and inspire, give and seek feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Ensure the accountability of the work of the Product Design team through collaboration, process and leadership.
What are you great at?
- Producing cutting edge visual design work as well as having strong interaction design fundamentals
- End-to-end product design, from problem discovery to solution design to implementation, creating experiences and interfaces that significantly impact business goals
- Leveraging design thinking and practice to increase the impact of your team(s)
- Building user empathy through research, for both internal and external users, then passionately solving discovered user problems
- Communicating your findings to the team and company to make your process and proposals understandable and actionable to a diverse set of cross-functional audiences
- Believing in the importance of consistency, and understanding the benefits of building things systematically
- Organising and switching rapidly between different initiatives in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
You're the kind of person who...
- Loves solving user problems and demands excellence in your solutions for them
- Works excellently with others in and outside the team, naturally engaging them in what you’ve discovered or designed
- Enjoys the entire gamut of all things Design: research, product design, interaction design, information architecture, visual design, design validation, agile principles, working with tools, and communicating findings across the organisation; and your portfolio shows this
- Thinks both strategically and tactically, delivering value quickly and incrementally while pursuing a higher goal
- Is humble and open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving
What would make you really stand out?
- Experience in SaaS, especially HR tech
- Experience growing Design in a fast-growth startup
What's in it for you?
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you'll own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays.
- Company retreats: We have an annual company-wide retreats, and well as socials and other team building activities.
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world! We don’t care where or when you work, as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows.
- Development: Training, coaching, and an environment that promotes career ambition and progression.
- Work environment: Whilst we are fully remote, we offer all employees access to co-working spaces wherever they live in a flexible manner so that you use what you need.
- Parental leave: For employees that have been with us for 12 months, we offer 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for primary caregivers. We also offer enhanced leave for secondary caregivers, of 4 weeks at full pay and an additional 4 weeks of unpaid leave.
- Wellbeing: Mental health and wellbeing support and services through Plumm
- Home office setup: It should go without saying that we will provide you with the equipment you need to work from home in the same way you would if you were in an office. Prefer a PC to a Mac? No problem. You choose what you need. We'll give you a budget to get all the infrastructure that enables you to work effectively wherever you are, including broadband costs.
- Education budget: Your development should be a continuous conversation with your manager and they will support you in choosing what you need whether that's accreditations, workshops, or formal degree programs or courses. Important is that you update your Individual Development Plan with any kind of education you take, so that you make sure that you apply the knowledge you have gained in theory, and the learned information will stay with you long term.
We believe remote working is a great equalizer and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.