Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
About the role
You will be part of one of the multidisciplinary teams, that is responsible for evolving the design language of Klarna products. You will oversee the design vision and execution in the Design System Core team and closely work with Product, Brand and Design organization to build a consistent and cohesive experience for our merchants and customers.
What you will do
- Drive the product design process from discovery to implementation in centralized App Design Core team
- Work closely with product manager, engineers and designers in your team and collaborate with Designers, UX Researchers, UX Writers and Brand Organization
- Work closely with engineers and designers to ensure a high level of quality delivery across Klarna App platforms (Mobile and Web App)
- Transform complex and abstract concepts and challenges into well-articulated, tangible solution ideas with a strong problem solving mindset and craft excellence
- Apply design systems best practices and design patterns to constantly evolve design quality of Klarna products
- Use human-centered design methodologies and practices to elevate the customer centricity in your team and stakeholders around you (e.g. Conduct workshops, brainstorming sessions, etc.)
- Help shape the culture of the growing design community at Klarna
Who you are
- At least 5+ years of relevant design experience in digital products, specifically in creating design systems and patterns for native apps
- Have experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams in iterative product development cycles
- Have a great understanding and showcase of product thinking, storytelling and design craft
- Great eye and passion for details in design execution and implementation
- Effective communicator when articulating your vision, strategy and decisions of your design solutions
- Strategic and purposeful in making design decisions and you do that by integrating user, business and technical considerations into your design process. You can identify when to optimize for speed and when to seek for quality and hone into the details
- Self-motivated and autonomous. Successfully prioritize and execute on the projects with quality outcomes
- Experience working in fintech, e-commerce and fashion is a plus but not required
About Klarna Design
We are a multidisciplinary design community, consisting of Product Designers, Brand Designers, UX Researchers, UX Writers, Front-end Designers and Design Operations. We love to create appealing and distinctive experiences within our products, services and brand. We possess a clear vision for building a strong community, passion and drive for great customer experience that goes above and beyond.
Required when applying for this role
-Your portfolio showcases a track record of designing and shipping products and relevant leadership experiences and practices combined. In case your portfolio is password protected, please provide the information with us in the application.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.