Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 13 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As part of the Core Product team, you’ll be working closely with a rapidly growing cross- functional team, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels.
You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills (we use Figma), and you will own the design across key parts of our customer journey. You’ll have an eye towards the future and one foot in the present to deliver world class designs and innovate upon existing products seamlessly.
This role will be pivotal in supporting feature release, managing existing products in-market (Zip Money and Zip Pay), and developing a consistent ‘look and feel’ aligned to Zip consumer offerings, and have a focus on understanding the behaviour of our users and discovering ways we can simplify their journey.
The Core Product team has the chance to impact millions of Zip users and focus on crucial parts of the Zip journey (like repayments).
Like the rest of Zip, this squad is exceptionally fast-paced, but understands the importance of slowing down to better understand our customers, their drivers and how we can build them the best Zip experiences.
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- 5+ years working in interaction, product, or communication design
- Have a portfolio of interaction, UX and visual design work that demonstrates your ability to solve customer problems and drive strong business outcomes
- A curiosity for uncovering the true “why” of a problem
- The ability to turn insights into thoughtful narratives
- A proven track record for close team collaboration and influencing outcomes with a well- informed direction
- Experience running lightweight, lean design experiments
- Experience working with and contributing to large-scale design systems
- The ability to prioritise competing priorities in fast-paced environment
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● Paid birthday and volunteering leave
● Mental health and wellbeing program
● Virtual yoga and meditation classes
● Epic office with a casual dress code
● Fun team with high-growth hustle
● Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.