Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost
Mattermost is seeking a Senior Product Designer - Self-serve who will help us build a seamless buyer experience for our customers, and someone who thrives at the intersection of product design and analytics to accelerate product-led growth. You will lead product design for all self-serve transaction experiences - including purchase, expansion, and renewal - and help improve overall GTM efficiency that enables rapid growth at scale. Our ideal candidate is a strong, multi-disciplined designer with an outstanding eye for detail and the ability to produce high-quality responsive interfaces across multiple platforms. Every day, you’ll work with product managers, developers, and members of our open source community to create intuitive and engaging user experiences.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the design and user experience of our product with a focus on our cloud product tiers
- Establish detailed usability and design guidelines for product development based on industry best practices and competitive benchmarking
- Create and maintain a library of design and interface resources for use by product teams
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, customers, and other stakeholders to gather requirements and understand usability concerns and areas for improvement
- Produce designs of various fidelity depending on needs, ranging from sketching to mockups and prototypes
- Plan and conduct user research and usability tests, documenting, communicating, and acting upon the results
- Build relationships across product lines and functional groups to raise the standard for good design across the company
- 5+ years of hands-on user experience and visual design in the software industry with a strong focus on responsive design for cloud-first desktop/browser applications
- Experience working on B2B collaboration products; ideally in SaaS and product-led growth environments
- Strong background in interaction design, with the ability to effectively articulate the rationale behind design decisions
- Strong visual design sense and impeccable attention to detail, with a drive to speak up when something is not implemented to your standards
- Intensely curious, with a good understanding of analytics and a desire to learn from the data
- Proficient in various research and design techniques such as qualitative research methods, personas, wireframing, task analysis, journey mapping, sketching, prototyping, usability testing, etc
- Embody our company values: https://mattermost.com/about-us/#leadership-principles
- Design for SaaS products
- Understanding of plugins/integrations
- Experience with the latest web technologies and frameworks (e.g. React, Vue)
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Bangladesh - Belarus - Brazil - Bulgaria - Canada - Chile - Colombia - Finland - Georgia - Germany - Greece - India - Ireland - Mauritius - Mexico - Norway - Pakistan - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Spain - South Korea - Suriname - Turkey - Uganda - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!