•You have at least 2-4 years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products
•Strong portfolio showcasing your past work and design process
•History of leading discovery and ideation and aligning the group around a vision and approach
•Proven track record of working with product team to ship successful native mobile products to users cross-platform for iOS and Android
•Demonstrated experience in visual design, interactive design and prototyping
•An up-to-date understanding of mobile best practices, design standards, and trends
•Ability to own design process end-to-end from concept to implementation including a basic analysis of success measurement
•No ego when it comes to product or design; Strong commitment to doing what is right for the customer and the company
•Comfort with a fast-paced, agile development process
•The ability to independently flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
•Experience with hiring, onboarding, and improving the team’s culture and design approach
•Have a great sense for aesthetics that could both work with or extend Hopper’s style
•Experience working at scale with Design Systems
•Ease with Figma and prototyping tools
About the job
The Air Intel team is responsible for delivering on Hopper’s core value proposition of ensuring our customers always score the best price. We drive this value for customers by developing and scaling data driven products which close the gap between current prices and the prices our customers want to pay. Communicating the value of these products through delightful, elegant design is critical to our success.
Your role as a Senior Product Designer will be to design features for Hopper’s mobile apps that are both useful & delightful. You'll become a foundational member of a young, high-impact, fintech team whose goal is to build elegant, user-centric product solutions to help users get the best prices. As part of the Air Intel team, this role will deliver solutions to results-oriented problems and get feedback directly from customers. You'll work closely with other Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers to define the boundaries of design problems, seeing them from multiple perspectives and advocating for simple and impactful solutions.
- Deliver solutions with a focus on a great user experience while balancing company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation
- Own end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from ideation to prototyping to usability tests to final product
- Seek out, understand, incorporate and communicate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process leveraging surveys, user testing and user data to measure feature performance in app
- Work autonomously in a cross-functional, agile product group with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to prioritize and build new features
- Have a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives in your agile group’s product area
- Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing priorities
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance plans
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B
. The company’s valuation has more than doubled since early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
- The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!