Please be aware that in the event of a significant number of applicants, the position may be temporarily removed from the website until we can thoroughly evaluate each application. If we are unable to identify the ideal candidate from the initial pool, we will repost the role online.Thank you!
A better planet with every search - Ecosia
, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation
in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 20+ million users have planted over 170 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to take on our desktop and mobile web browsers, working on the exciting opportunity to create an ecosystem enabling users to increase their collective climate impact. The browsers of course house our search engine, but also give the opportunity to create other ways in the digital space to empower users to be climate engaged.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Take ownership of the product design execution and processes in the browser space from early ideation to final delivery. Define the user experience from the ground up.
- Work together with the Product Manager to develop a value proposition that resonates with current and future Ecosia users, and test and validate product-market fit.
- Contribute to defining the strategy and vision behind our browsers in order to create a cohesive ecosystem that enables users to increase their impact and be climate active every day.
- Bring business requirements and user needs into top-notch design solutions.
- Be a part of the Ecosia Product Design team and work with other designers (product, content, design systems) and user researchers to create cohesive and lovable products across the board.
- We are headquartered in Berlin, but we seek qualified folks anywhere in the world. You should be willing to work in Berlin CET core working hours.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE:
- Demonstrated experience (5+ years) working as a product designer in cross-functional teams and agile environments. You have a previous experience with products you have shipped by owning the end-to-end design process in your team.
- Experience conducting generative and explorative research, running a/b tests, analyzing data, documentation, and knowledge sharing.
- Proven experience designing both desktop and mobile applications.
- You are data-informed and impact-oriented. You can make design decisions based on qualitative and quantitative data, and create solutions that contribute to company goals.
- Proficiency in key design tools like Figma and Miro.
- Experience with contributing to design systems.
- Comfortable working in an everchanging, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment.
Experience not necessary but additional topics we're interested in exploring:
- Experience working with account ecosystems, user onboarding, and funnel optimization.
- Experience with behavior change and gamification mechanics.
- Experience working across browser or search domains.
- An enthusiasm for climate activism and sustainability, demonstrated by personal or professional pursuits.
The Hiring Process
Our hiring process consists of 4 steps:
1) A 30 min call with our recruiter
2) Portfolio review with the design team
3) A white-boarding session with team members from product and engineering
4) A 30 min conversation with our Chief Product Officer
(By default, all steps are done remotely, but we can also arrange on-site interviews.)
The salary range for the role:
€67,500 – 80,000 (full-time. Part-time is possible on an 80% salary)
Please note that in order for us to consider you for a remote candidacy, you should be based in a CET/CEST +/- 2 hours location due to our core hours and ways of working.
- What if your job made a real difference in the climate crisis? Join Ecosia and help plant millions of trees where people and ecosystems need them most.
- We offer you the opportunity to balance work with other parts of your life. (Flexible working hours, more vacation days than the law requires (30 days/year on a five-day week), two no-meeting days, remote work options).
- Moving to Berlin for the first time? We welcome everyone and offer relocation support and visa/work-permit assistance to new employees and their loved ones coming from abroad and within Germany.
- We are a team of more than 30 nationalities that includes people from different sexual orientations, ages, races, physical/mental abilities, child/pet/plant parents, and non-traditional backgrounds.
- We help you live sustainably through our green benefits, such as subsidized public transport cards, bike inspection, green electricity allowance, etc., depending on your location.
- We support your professional growth through monthly learning days, hack days, online and physical library, a 2000€ development allowance per year, continuous feedback, etc., depending on your location.
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity or are primary caregivers, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.