Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About The Team
Opendoor is looking for a Senior Product Design Manager who will lead, inspire, and grow a design team that is focused on building a product that revolutionizes home buying. As a hands-on leader with a bias towards action, you’ll help the team iterate faster and improve their craft. We appreciate design thinkers who care deeply about people, processes, pixels, and customer research. The ideal candidate has experience leading a team that has shipped and iterated on a polished consumer product that supports a long and complex user journey.
The team has continued to iterate and innovate over the last few years. This role does not revolve around just one launch and fine tuning it. It's an ever growing evolution to better serve our customers and partners. Opendoor started to make some big steps with a lot of changes within the last year. It has required us to adjust operations. Come be a part of our revolution.
- Ideate: Work with Product, Engineering, and Research to direct design and visualize the future of our end-to-end customer experience.
- Communicate: Showcase your vision and rationale behind leadership decisions to stakeholders and your team.
- Mentor: Work closely with the design team to finalize, validate, and iterate on design solutions, and ensure high-quality implementation.
- Experience: 3+ years of experience as a manager on an in-house Product Design team.
- Portfolio: Portfolio with consumer projects that highlights your approach to problem solving, as well as the solutions themselves. Case studies should demonstrate your skills in helping teams achieve outcomes with research, user experience, visual design, and interaction design.
- Communication: Excellent communication and storytelling skills, in writing and in speaking. Has a well-defined design process.
- Teamwork: Experience partnering with Product, Engineering, and Research to craft broader product strategy.
Bonus points if
- Real estate: Experience in real estate or adjacent field (e.g. mortgage, finance, housing).
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $155,000 - $282,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website
, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse
and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness