Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
As a Senior Product Designer at Klarna, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team within our App Ecosystem & Shopping Experience Domain and will be focused primarily on scaling up features and accessibility of the Klarna Browser Extension. You will be responsible for driving the vision for user experience and raising the bar of quality of design. There are several teams in the Klarna app that focus on shopping, banking, and post-purchase experience. As a designer, you will oversee the design vision and execution for one of the problem space teams and work closely with product managers, engineers, designers, researchers, and writers to define the way people shop and bank with Klarna.
- Manage multiple and complex projects around the problem space, being a source of inspiration on craft and execution of design
- Work end-to-end, tackling complex user needs from sketching to low and high fidelity prototypes
- Drive the Product design process from discovery to implementation in one of the problem spaces in shopping area (search, inspiration, checkout, deals, loyalty programs, order management, etc.)
- Own feature designs that create engaging and immersive experiences across desktop and multiple device types on iOS & Android
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers in your team and collaborate with Designers, UX Researchers, UX Writers and Marketers
- Transform complex and abstract concepts and challenges into well-articulated, tangible solution ideas with a strong problem solving mindset and craft excellence
- Gain a deep understanding of our target users through observations, research, and analytics so that you can champion their needs
- Use human-centered design methodologies and practices to elevate the customer centricity in your team and stakeholders around you (e.g. conduct workshops, brainstorming sessions, etc.)
- Think about design as a system, contributing to and maintaining our design system in order to influence quality and efficiency for all our teams and products
- Help shape the culture of the growing design community at Klarna
- At least 8+ years of relevant design experience in digital products, specifically in consumer facing mobile and web applications
- Have experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams in iterative product development cycles
- You have mobile design experience for iOS and Android
- Have a great understanding and showcase of product thinking, storytelling, and design craft
- Effective communicator when articulating your vision, strategy, and decisions of your design solutions
- You have a solid portfolio that showcases sound product thinking and strong design rationale through navigation, user flows, interaction design, and information architecture
- Strategic and purposeful in making design decisions and you do that by integrating user, business, and technical considerations into your design process. You can identify when to optimize for speed and when to seek for quality and hone into the details
- Self-motivated and autonomous. Successfully prioritize and execute on the projects with quality outcomes
- Experience working in e-commerce, social media, or fashion tech is a plus but not required
About Klarna Design
Klarna is the place where change is happening. Fast.
We are in a high-growth phase with a solid foundation in place while still being agile. As a company, our focus is on moving from payments to shopping, from invoices to inspiration. Having 100 million shoppers and 250K+ retailers is excellent, but we are just getting started.
The challenge ahead is to lift the product and all aspects of design to even higher levels. We’re not just trying to raise the bar. We want to become the bar.
At Klarna, our Design Competence makes the brand stand out.
Klarna is dedicated to enhancing and redefining the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We are a competence staffed by a range of skills to best meet Klarna’s needs. We are a community of multidisciplinary teams that are laser-focused on elevating design thinking, driving an exceptional user experience, and going above and beyond to execute great work.
We break into pop culture by making award-winning campaigns. We refine and implement Klarna’s voice. We make products simple and easy to interact with.
Klarna’s Design team is an ambitious international collective where results and attention to detail are taken seriously. We aim to build the best products in the world, and we are excited to welcome new team members who share our ambition to be consistently outstanding.
Required when applying for this role
An updated resume
A portfolio that showcases a track record of designing & shipping products, as well as a combination of relevant leadership experiences and practices.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.