About the role
We're looking for our first Design Program Manager to help us shape and nurture an environment conducive to doing world-class creative work. In this role, you'll be instrumental in driving org-wide operations, systems, and programs that enable our growing Design Team. You will partner with leaders within Design (Brand Design, Product Design, and Research) and across the broader organization to ensure successful outcomes across these dimensions. This role is excellent for Program Managers who are system thinkers at heart, enjoy anticipating challenges, love building strong cross-functional relationships, and excel at aligning their efforts to team and company goals. This role will report to our VP of Design.
- Lead and build out programs across the entire Design org to support our team's cultural fabric. Develop and implement processes to support how we design and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Continuously examine, experiment, and measure improvements to our operating model, programs, and processes.
- Help document, optimize and socialize best practices for working with the Design team.
- Partner with Design Leadership to onboard new team members so they can quickly gain confidence to independently own their work.
- Partner with Design Leadership to balance competing priorities and maximize team resources to quickly execute on top priorities. Play a leading role in monthly and quarterly reporting and planning.
- Evaluate and implement new tools to solve our growing need to collaborate globally, across designers and cross-functional partners.
- Elevate our critique practice to ensure Designers are receiving the guidance they need at the right time, from the right people, at the right altitude.
Who you are
- 4-6+ years of experience in design thinking, strategy, and/or program management related roles and have partnered directly with in-house design teams.
- A track record of developing, evolving, and executing programs from scratch and measuring their impact.
- A passion for going beyond the status quo: you proactively identify opportunities to optimize and build new processes that will make our workflow more efficient and allow designers to do their best work. You see opportunities where others see chaos.
- A strong, yet pragmatic supporter for craft excellence: you have a keen eye for detail and craftsmanship while also balancing deadlines, constraints, and business goals.
- A great communicator: you’re clear and concise in explaining your thought process, enumerating the tradeoffs made in your proposals, and can effectively roll out large scale programs.
- A hunger for collaboration: you do your best work when partnering cross-functionally to drive alignment and clarity. You also have familiarity with product development and research methods in the digital space.
Why join our Design Org?
We're a passionate group of people who are dedicated to growing together. Currently ~20, our team spans Brand Design, Product Design, Research (and soon Writing)!
You can learn more about us on our Notion page! It covers who we are as individuals, some of our recent work, how we commit to DE&I, and most importantly — the rituals and rhythms we've invested in as a team to grow as craftspeople and just… people.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team that is passionate about solving customers’ needs and loves coming to work every day
- Partner with 3,100+ companies around the world to make sure their employees are engaged and performing at a high level
- A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning reimbursements
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive. In an age where employees have more choice than ever before, businesses that put employees first are winning – and Lattice is building the tools to empower those people centric companies. Lattice is a people management platform that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, goal setting, and career planning in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement – yielding stronger employee retention, performance, and impact to the bottom line. Since launching in 2016 we have grown to over 3,100 customers globally, including brands like Slack, Pinterest, Reddit, and Asana.
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.