Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we’re able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
We are looking for a curious and empathetic Senior Design Manager to lead our growing Ecosystem team. As a leader, you'll be taking charge of our new, state-of-the-art, developer platform Forge, that is growing our community of app builders in cloud. You'll get the chance to dive right in and start making an impact on Ecosystem Platform from day one by leading and inspiring a team of designers who focus on developer and customer-facing experiences. As part of the Forge platform team, this role is critical to the success of partners' building and scaling their apps to meet our cloud customer goals. This team also manages the developer documentation platform that supports both internal and external Atlassian developers in creating quality products.
More about this awesome role:
- Get the opportunity to work across our Forge platform and suite of products.
- Lead, manage and inspire the growth and development of designers who are working on our partner experiences.
- Work alongside Product Managers, Engineering Leads, and other key partners who lead the delivery strategy and execution of what we ship to empower multi-product customers to move work forward.
- Work closely with partner teams within our Tranformations, Platform and Economy organizations.
- Lead the design quality and execution within this portfolio to be certain we have applied human-centered design practices and increase the level of customer empathy within our teams.
- Help drive the culture, ways of working, and improvements to our processes so that we can break down critical initiatives into shippable pieces.
- Contribute to our design craft at Atlassian at a team and organization level.
- Work closely with our Enterprise and Trust team to ensure we are strategically aligned.
We don’t expect you to be able to tick every box, the culture and values fit is above everything. If you tick a couple of the below boxes, great! Throw your hat in the ring and let’s go from there;
- Led and scaled design teams in complex cross-product platforms or teams
- Have a strong passion for making people better. You'll support and guide your team in constructive ways that encourage, energize, and increase their quality of work.
- Have an appetite to learn and evolve in all aspects of design, product, and leadership.
- Be naturally curious with a firm focus on the why.
- Have a passion for building collaboration experiences, which will scale our customers of tomorrow.
- Provide teams with the mentorship, direction, leadership, and support necessary to ensure that they're able to accomplish their goals.
- Have hands-on professional experience as a designer - you've been there, you've shipped it, so you know what it takes to be led by a great leader.
- Be a self-starter with an eye for detail and a knack for getting to the root of the problem with a laser focus on the customer.
More about the team:
Our Atlassian Ecosystem is where developers can learn, build, and run their custom apps that integrate with, and extend our productsto make them even better. Our platform experience is paramount to our developer and customer experience. The easier and more efficient we make it to interact with our platform, the easier it is our for end-users to discover and enjoy using Atlassian products.
Your work will directly impact tens of thousands of developers & partners and of course millions of users!
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.