Senior Creative Designer
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 40 million people worldwide.
About the Role:
Reporting into the Design team, this role will work hand-in-hand with Marketing teams to concept and execute brand, advertising, lifecycle, and social campaigns. To be successful, the individual must be a creative problem solver, a visual storyteller, a collaborative teammate, and be passionate about sharing their love of the outdoors with everyone.
If you always ask why, can’t help but solve things visually, and love the outdoors this could be a great opportunity. Join our mission to help people spend more time outside!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Take broad and complex product marketing, and brand strategies from concept to execution
- Collaborate with design, copywriting, marketing, social media, advertising, and PR teams to spread the word of AllTrails through world-class creative
- Work on a wide range of projects from omni-channel marketing communications, social media creative, international advertising, to go-to-market campaigns
- Ensure brand consistency across all touchpoints, always pushing the AllTrails brand forward through thought provoking work and best-in-class design
- Able to go broad in design explorations, refine through collaboration and input, and produce quickly
- Work collaboratively with product design and copywriting to evolve AllTrails brand and design systems
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of cross-functional stakeholders and external vendors
- Work quickly and effectively on multiple projects
- 7+ years of professional design experience, working on brand and marketing design initiatives from concept to execution
- Portfolio with real-world examples showcasing brand, marketing campaigns, and/or advertising projects executed across multiple channels
- Experience producing high quality visuals with great attention to details; can demonstrate a strong understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous and remote work environment
- Strong organizational and time management skillsGreat understanding of design tools such as Figma, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Able to take constructive feedback and evolve designs to meet business objectives
- Humility, empathy and open-mindedness - no egos
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Passion for photography and/or illustration
- Experience designing for various groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
- Experience designing for international audiences and has worked with translations teams
Our Commitment to You:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits + a monthly stipend for wellness expenses
- Trail Days: First Friday of each month off to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible parental leave
- Remote employee equipment stipend to create a great remote work environment
- Annual continuing education stipend
- Discounts on subscription and merchandise for you and your friends & family
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.