About the team
Lattice's Platform Team is forging a sophisticated path forward for design systems and identity and integration efforts at Lattice. We’re building products and services that help people bring their true identities to our platform, all in service of making work meaningful. Over the coming quarters, this team plans to deeply invest in experiences that help ensure these outcomes for the companies and individuals we serve everyday. This role will be excellent for content designers who love systems thinking and get excited about how content shapes the experiences of our customers across the Lattice product suite.
As the first content designer on this team, you'll pair closely with our product designers, product managers, and engineers to develop world-class user experiences as well as contribute to systems that are foundational to how our Engineering, Product, and Design teams work. Your passion for detail and exceptional user experiences will help level up how we build our products and ultimately achieve our mission to make work meaningful.
Who you are
You have experience designing and writing within or alongside a product design team at a multi-faceted organization. Bonus if you have previously contributed to design systems or content guidelines.
- You have experience working closely with product teams developing the content that shapes customer experiences
- You are familiar with implementing content-based designs and guidelines, scalable information architectures, high-level wireframes or prototypes, developing user journeys, and building robust customer experiences
- You know how to synthesize research and integrate results into your work
- You can develop workflows and communicate with a broad audience to ensure proper and healthy usage of content design guidelines
- You have experience championing improvements across a large organization’s design system
- You understand and champion accessibility best practices and are passionate about helping every potential user
You’re a great communicator and collaborator.
- You understand what it takes to communicate to a large and diverse audience that will use the systems and patterns you and your team own
- You thrive on close collaboration with partners, but also take responsibility and ownership over the execution of your work
- You’re clear and concise in explaining your thought process and in enumerating the tradeoffs made in your work
- You take care to write documentation so that your colleagues can also own, understand, and maintain the system
- You work well with designers, product managers, and engineers to achieve optimal solutions
- You care about contributing to and supporting a wider design team and helping to influence the industry at large
- You are adept at communicating complex ideas simply to broad audiences
You enjoy taking an active role in the design process.
- You care about the details of the implementation, and you prefer to be hands-on
- You will be a strong, forward-thinking advocate across the business for content design
- You love mentoring, supporting, and championing best practices with other designers and colleagues
- You have experience taking the lead in planning and executing large projects
- You have an interest in internationalization and localization, considering content in many languages and contexts
- You are familiar with content tooling and/or front-end programming
- You'll work within a team to create, scale, and maintain content design guidelines and usage by our engineering, product, and design teams
- You'll help design and build user-facing content within flexible, performant, accessible, and reusable front-end components for our design system
- You'll collaborate closely with design, engineering, and product on core pieces of our product (navigation, dashboards, etc.)
- You'll be a champion for accessibility and consistent content application across our engineering, product, and design organization
- You’ll work closely with other design colleagues to document and refine usability and interactions across our product suite, including taking ownership over paying down content design debt
- You’ll help establish and evangelize best practices for content design, and future content designers, at Lattice
- You'll socialize and elevate the role of content design within the company
- You'll embody our team values and design principles
Why join our Design & Research Team?
We're a passionate group of people who are dedicated to growing together. Currently ~20, our team spans Brand Design, Product Design, and Research.
You can learn more about us in our Notion page! It covers who we are as individuals, some of our recent work, how we commit to DE&I, and most importantly — the rituals and rhythms we've invested in as a team to grow as craftspeople and just… people.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team that is passionate about solving customers’ needs and loves coming to work every day
- Partner with 3,500+ companies around the world to make sure their employees are engaged and performing at a high level
- A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning reimbursements
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Centrally located FiDi office in San Francisco and New York
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive. In an age where innovation is happening all around us, there's commonality – people are driving these changes. We offer a solution that helps companies put employees first. Lattice is a people management tool that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, and goal setting in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement. Since launching in 2016 we have grown to over 3,500+ customers globally, including brands like Slack, Reddit, Glossier, and Asana.
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
By clicking the "Submit Application" button below, you consent to Lattice processing your personal information for the purpose of assessing your candidacy for this position in accordance with Lattice's Job