Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiege, Malt has become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace, now home to a dynamic community of 470k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 500+ Malters.
At Malt, we believe that success is powered by the perfect combination of the right people, the right team, and the right projects.
To do this, we’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, AI-driven tech platform—to match companies with the right freelance talent. But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more. It’s all about giving both freelancers and companies added peace of mind, so that every experience on Malt is nothing less than (inter)stellar.
Today, our company is growing fast! We have recently acquired Comatch, the Berlin-based marketplace for independent management consultants and industry experts.
We need people like you to help us write this next chapter. So, if you’re up for a rewarding challenge, don’t wait—get your ticket to planet Malt today. Because together, we can change the world of work.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 500+ Malters from 18+ countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
Explore your future career 🔭
The mission :
Malt is on a mission to be a vital part of the future of work and we are seeking a senior brand designer to join a wonderful, talented, creative team at a key growth stage.
You will be a key member of the team, possessing a deep understanding of storytelling, branding, typography, and both print and digital design.
The output of this work stretches across mediums, bringing the brand to life through product, sales materials, event, communications and global campaigns.
This position requires a balance of creativity, thoughtful improvisation and leadership.
Your contribution will have a significant impact on furthering our brand’s strategy and development across the company while inspiring both our clients and the freelancer community.
You’ll report to the Brand Manager.
Here's what you'll be doing :
- Ensure all work aligns with design principles and brand standards.
- Champion the evolution of our brand guidelines and brand toolkit with a focus on scalability and consistency across the organization.
- Utilize visual storytelling skills to create concepts that inspire and motivate.
- Manage multiple end-to-end projects (photoshoot, white papers, contents...) and campaigns including internal and external stakeholders (freelancers, creative agencies, production agencies...) in collaboration with the brand manager.
- Help define and carry out the brand vision through a brand design system, building templates, knowledge bases, and visual style guidelines.
- Establish best practices and tools to support sales, marketing, and product team to ensure brand coherence through user journeys.
- Design beautifully crafted assets for multiple channels and audiences, with an understanding of how to adapt and tailor them for various media and formats.
- Maintain a high standard of design quality and professionalism, providing quality assurance of all creative deliverables.
- Be a master multi-tasker, brainstorming and developing brand consistency for multiple projects simultaneously, keeping it on track and remaining flexible through revisions while keeping a keen eye on every detail.
What do we need from you?
- Strong background including 3/4 years in a start-up / scale up,
marketing team or advertising agency with strong impact on brand design.
- You are a great communicator.
- You know how to define and explain your ideas, you are open to discuss design with the team, give and receive feedback.
- You are a great team player.
- The visual skills and desire to delight the user and deliver a world-class experience.
- You understand design production from a 360° perspective on digital and offline media: web design, print assets, paid ads, emails, billboards, etc.
- Strong expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma, understanding of HTML/CSS and Web browser capabilities.
- You’re able to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to articulate compelling visual language concepts, mood boards and design with high quality renders.
- You’re passionate for design and eagerness to elevate other creative people.
As Malt is a European brand, you are fluent in written and spoken English.
Nice to haves :
Versatility skill or passion in any creative area beyond brand design, ex: Illustration, painting, photography, videography, Ice sculpture…
• Screening of 30 minutes with Hamza, our Talent Acquisition Manager to better understand your background, aspirations and answer your questions.
• A first interview with your potential N+1, Rémi.
• A business case to prepare and present to Rémi and someone else from the team.
• A Final interview with Ségolène, CMO of Malt.
☎️ Offer under 48h
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Lunch vouchers: €9/day on your Swile card.
- Transportation: 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- RTT: From 8 to 12 days off
- Malt sabbatical: After three years of service, every malter is entitled to one month of sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐