Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you live and breathe research, love working with people, and thrive on applying insights to influence product design and strategy? Atlassian is searching for a Quantitative UX Researcher to join our growing research team in Sydney.
What work you'll do with us:
- Take on ownership of critical feedback measures including NPS and CSAT for our flagship products producing data and insight in collaboration with product teams.
- Design and implement quantitative studies throughout the customer lifecycle (e.g. evaluation and churn) and support product teams using surveys to answer specific research questions
- Collaborate with your broader mixed-methods research team to deliver strategic and tactical insights to Atlassian product teams and executive leadership
- Clearly demonstrate how insights drawn from your work have had an impact on the improvement of Atlassian products and user experience
- Ultimately, help drive informed decision-making through a lens of customer empathy and understanding
What you'll bring:
- Prior experience working in professional Research / Insights roles and teams
- Strong experience and capability in survey design: you're able to take a brief / liaise with cross-functional partners and then design a highly usable survey that accomplishes the required outcome.
- Confidence working with and discussing statistical analysis: you have the ability to defend your chosen methodologies/point of view with others who are proficient in stats, as well as explain concepts to non-statisticians in clear, plain English
- Ideally you have ability using analysis software and dashboarding tools
- Experience with SQL is an advantage.
More about the opportunity:
You will join a smart and ambitious team that is responsible for supporting Atlassian product teams across the globe. We capture customer feedback in order to support decision-making and product strategy, including NPS and other metrics. This is an exciting role for a motivated, hands-on quantitative researcher who has a passion for improving products and services and wants to work on large scale and impactful customer solutions.
More about our team:
You will be joining a team that is very smart and always open and direct. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in 'lean', which means we don't do documentation for documentation's sake. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to prove ourselves right (or wrong). It's all about improving our user's experience no matter who or where it is.
Read more about Research & Design at Atlassian here:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to [email protected]
and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub