Who are we?
Private equity investors have more than $6.5 trillion under management, which is being invested in the most innovative sectors and companies in the world. However, the majority of these investors still rely on tools such as Excel spreadsheets to manage their portfolios. Edda has been developed to provide the market with fit for purpose technology bringing efficiency, transparency and safety to the industry, from the earliest days of deal selecting through to portfolio management and exits.
Most tools in the market are built for big private equity companies and often use legacy technology. At Edda, we see that these tools need to adapt to a rapidly changing market. When you have different teams using different softwares working in conjunction, time is wasted through inefficiencies as the various technologies aren't compatible. This means there is an increased risk of losing data, there is a delay for retrieving information, communication becomes complicated and you lose sight of the bigger picture.
Edda removes inefficiencies within companies by allowing everyone to work on the same platform together. Edda is the first tool to unite all the aspects of investment, including dealflow, portfolio, LPs and network management into one product and automatically offers users up-to-date news and data, solving the problems that investors face daily.
Product UI/UX Designer (Design Systems) (4-6 Months Internship)
Are you a talented and passionate individual with a love for Product Design and design systems? Seeking practical experience in a dynamic work environment? We have an exciting opportunity for you! We're offering a 4-6 month internship opportunity where you'll be working with our international team in Paris. Join us and be a part of delivering the best user experience on our software while sharpening your skills under the guidance of Claudia, our Senior Product Designer.
During your internship, you will work in 2 main areas:
Design System & Governance (60% of your time). You will:
- Collaborate closely with our Senior Product Designer and the entire Design team to enhance and modernize our design system, ensuring consistency and across products and platforms.
- Conduct audits and assessments of the design system to identify areas for improvement and ensure the system’s components are updated.
- Spend time creating, documenting and shipping components of our design system in Figma.
- Work closely with Developers and Designers to gather feedback, iterate on the system, answer questions and address any issues.
- Work with our Senior Product Designer and the Design team to put together an effective and collaborative governance process for our design system.
- Create design system documentation and guidelines.
Product Design (UX/UI) (40% of your time). You will work hand in hand with other Designers to:
- Collaborate with the design, development, and cross-functional teams, as well as stakeholders, to contribute to the development and execution of innovative products
- Conduct user research to gather valuable qualitative and quantitative insights to take informed product design decisions.
- Take decisions based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Communicate design decisions through storytelling.
- Create user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) designs for digital products.
- Develop detailed product specifications and documentations.
- Work closely with Engineers to ensure designs are feasible and created according to your design vision.
- Create visually appealing designs making use of our design system and branding guidelines.
- Present your work to stakeholders in the company.
- Actively participate in design critiques, design meetings and other Design team ceremonies.
To thrive in this role, you should have:
- Master’s degree student in a related field such as Design, Interactive Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a similar discipline.(final cycle - M1 or M2)
- Strong passion for UI/UX design and design systems.
- Good knowledge of product design processes.
- Expertise in using Figma for design systems, including proficiency in libraries, styles, components, patterns, etc.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English as all communication is conducted in English.
- Autonomous and self-sufficient, with the ability to seek answers independently while being guided by our Senior Product Designer.
- Excellent visual design skills with keen attention to detail.
- Team player mindset with strong communication skills for collaborating with various stakeholders.
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and most importantly, a genuine openness to receiving and incorporating feedback.
- Interest in finance is a plus.
What we offer:
- A great way to kickstart your Product Design career.
- Clear objectives to achieve during your internship, and support on your day to day tasks to achieve those objectives.
- A dynamic, friendly and innovative work environment
- A unique international team based in Paris
- The flexibility of working remotely for 2 days a week. We are currently not considering fully remote applicants.
- Initial interview with Shameerah, our Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Technical skills case study presentation to Josselin, our Head of Design, and Claudia, our Senior Product Designer.
- Personal meeting with our CEO at our Paris office to experience our company culture firsthand.
To complete your application for this position, please remember to include a link to your portfolio. We understand that applicants for internships may not have extensive portfolios yet, but we still encourage you to provide any samples of your designs, even if they are from your academic projects – this will help us evaluate your application. Applicants without a portfolio won’t be considered. Thank you.