Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We mean it when we say we want to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where we value all different types of experiences and want to create a space and culture where you feel like you belong.
We know it can be a tricky time applying for roles, wondering if the role is right for you and if you and your experience are right for the role too. Many people won’t apply for roles unless they feel that they tick every single box. At Canva we look for many different skills and abilities and we’re always looking for how new team members can add to Canva and our culture. So if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a Force for Good
We’re driven by our values, with our ‘Be a Force for Good’ value supporting everything that we do. Through your work on our product or team, and our community initiatives and sustainability programs, you’re given the opportunity to come to Canva and make a tangible difference to the lives of others in your day-to-day life. In addition to our Founder’s 30% Pledge, Canva is committed to Pledge 1% and actively encourage our team to participate in many ways, including taking paid volunteer leave.
Your journey with Canva could take you to places that you might not even imagined yet. There’s opportunity around every corner and the support to help you achieve your goals. Join us and design your future.
About the specialty/subspecialty
We’ll be working closely with Product Designers to help bring better experience for users. As researchers, we offer our specialty by digging deep into top user issues and sharing valuable and constructive insights to related stakeholders, driving product or UI changes for a better user experience.
About the group and/or team
The Product Design team is responsible for the product UI and online experience of Canva.cn. Our mission is to empower everyone to design by bringing stellar user experience. This means we focus on many aspects of the product and user process, while at the same time making proper adjustments according to the user's voice. We have tons of interesting topics and projects to work on. As a member of an important team in a fast growing company, you’ll be amazed at what you could accomplish with your passion and energy. Together we’ll make Canva known and loved by more and more users!
About the candidate
We are looking for someone who is passionate about UX/UI research, eager to make a difference, and has a positive can-do attitude. The ideal candidate would also possess the qualities of pursuing excellence and being a nice person to work with.
Goals the candidate will achieve in the first 6-12 months
0-3 month goals:
-Understand our product and values
-Fit in well with Canva’s working culture
-Be familiar with research practice in Canva China
-Be able to carry out qual. research projects
3-6 month goals:
-Be able to assist in mixed-method research projects
-Be able to take on research demands independently
6-12 month goals:
-Be able to take on seasonal research projects
-Promote research methodology and culture within Canva China
- Arrange recruitment for potential interview / usability test participants
- Conduct interviews addressing relevant user / product issues
- Conduct usability testing addressing relevant user / product issues
- Report and shareout to relevant stakeholders about research findings
- Design questionnaires for user data collectionAssist in other research projects
Experience the candidate will have
- You will have Bachelor’s degree in Sociology or related majors, Master’s degree is a plus;
- You will have 3 years or above of experience in conducting interviews / usability testing, ideally in the Internet industry;
- You will have proven record of questionnaire design and participation in large research projects;
- You will feel comfortable using English as the primary working language, including proficiency in speaking, writing and reading;
- You will have proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- You’ll have a proven record of cross-functional or -cultural background experiences
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and together we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, we recognise that every single person is unique and our Canvanaut benefits aim to ensure we cater for all.
Our benefits include:
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey to support work-life balance.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a Masterclass subscription, to an electronic stand-up desk, a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.