Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the role:
We’re on the hunt for a Product Owner who is passionate about creating beautiful mobile experiences that help solve problems for small businesses on the Xero Accounting mobile app.
As a Product Owner within the mobile & new channels / technology team, you will be responsible for executing on our product vision, strategy and roadmap alongside a talented engineering pod. Your skillful product leadership and management of the pod’s backlog enables the pod to deliver innovative solutions that solve real-world customer problems natively on mobile.
What you'll do:
- You’ll work with leadership teams, product teams, sales and marketing and customers to form a deep understanding of customer problems and potential solutions.
- Document findings into specifications, user stories, etc. that will be used as the foundation of product development
- Use your prioritisation skills to make the right call on what needs to be addressed when and how value can be delivered as early as possible
- You’ll use your great research, analysis and decision making skills to juggle the wide range of opportunities, into an achievable outcome focused roadmap
- You’ll lead a team of peers during the course of development to define milestones and ensure on time and in-scope delivery
- You’ll ensure development teams are clear about why features are prioritised and that they are motivated to build beautiful products for Xero’s customers
- You’ll be a champion for the customer by collaborating with the product design team to develop user stories, wireframes, and workflows that solve real problems for our customers
What you'll bring with you:
- Experience as a Product Owner, ideally in a Saas environment and mobile.
- A passion for creating beautiful experiences that solve real customer problems
- You’ll have experience championing your product team and you're a natural motivator
- The ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholder groups
- Analytical, evaluative and problem solving abilities
- A solid track record of addressing customer needs through the use of technology
- Hands on experience with Agile processes and principles
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.