At Dayshape, we are heavily investing in our product, and we'd love your help to shape and drive forward our product enhancements.
We have grand ambitions to make Dayshape the most beautiful, useful, powerful, flexible and rapid to deploy solution in our sector, and you could be part of that journey.
Dayshape is an intelligent planning platform, which allows professional services firms to optimise their workforce like never before. By using AI technology, Dayshape helps large organisations plan and manage their people and complex projects with ease. Our customers span the globe and include firms from the Big Four and global top 10 in accounting.
As a company, we live our values every day and we're committed to making sure our friendly and inclusive environment grows with us.We are committed to investing in your career, with a minimum of £1,000 a year towards your professional development.
What you’ll be doing
Dayshape is a single product company, and the Product Management function interfaces with almost every other team in the company including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Professional Services and Support. You’ll work closely with these departments to get their input into multiple demands and product development needs.
Our multidisciplinary Product Development teams frequently work on large and complex features spanning multiple releases.(For example, the implementation of multi-currency support in Dayshape.)Visions and plans mean nothing if they aren’t delivered, and your role will be to steer that delivery, by understanding the requirements and customer value of each feature. You will:
- Work very closely with the Tech Lead and Product Manager to consider the capacity, capabilities and characters of your team and you’ll work together to plan and prioritise the delivery of the work with the team;
- Manage the day to day delivery of product features working closely with the Product Manager and the engineering team;
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria, ensuring they are fully understood by the teams;
- Actively mitigate roadblocks that may impact the successful completion of release/sprint goals;
- Review and test new features to ensure they meet the customer's needs, working with our Quality Assurance team to validate that the features work as intended;
- Share your knowledge and answer questions related to the product, both internally and externally;
- Participate in various agile ceremonies such as stand-ups, retrospectives, sprint planning, and sprint reviews.
You will have a passion for delivering enterprise customer-focused products that improve people’s working lives. You will:
- Have strong analysis and business process skills including the ability to document, refine and agree user stories and acceptance criteria in consultation with both internal and external stakeholders to bring the Product Manager's vision to life and work with the wider engineeringteam to address those customer needs;
- Be highly adaptable, comfortable moving between different activities including leading a customer call one minute, working with the Product Manager to plan and support the facilitation of workshops and discovery sessions the next, before getting into the implementation details of a specific feature with the engineering team;
- Be an exceptional communicator, able to build rapport and trust with anyone, really listening to what people mean, and getting your points across passionately but kindly;
- Intelligent and quick to grasp new concepts, and always looking to understand the underlying “why” in any situation;
- Not be fazed by large challenges and uncertainty, and great at breaking things down into small chunks in a logical manner so that we can make progress towards the end goal;
- Be comfortable discussing technical concepts, with an appreciation of engineering fundamentals;
- Be detail-oriented- you are the person who catches issues that others probably miss;
- Have a strong ability to operate both independently and in a team environment;
- Have experience (minimum 2 years) as a Product Owner in a large enterprise environment or consulting environment, with a desire to move into a Product Manager role in the future;
- Be willing to step outside your “role” where necessary.
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked in/with the professional services industry;
- Have worked with complex financial and/or project management software;
- Come with experience of working in a fast-paced agile working environment and have experience working with Atlassian tools, including Jira to manage backlogs;
- Understand how to gather and utilise product analytics and/or have previous experience working with enterprise product analytics tools.
What you'll get:
- Salary: £40,000-£55,000 a year (depending on experience)
- At least £1,000 per year to spend on professional and personal development
- 33 days' holiday per year (including bank holidays), increasing by 1 day each year to a maximum of 40 days
- Private healthcare and rewards through Vitality
- Income protection and death in service cover
- Matched 5% auto-enrolment workplace pension scheme. (Calculations are made on a qualifying earnings basis.)
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- EMI options as part of our employee share options scheme
- Access to wellbeing offerings, such as our Employee Assistance Programme and a dedicated counselling service
- Innovation Week twice a year - a chance to experiment and work off-project
- Weekly All Hands meeting for inspiration and over-communication
- Time out of the working week for team socials each month, with a mix of in-person and virtual options: past events include hiking, family BBQs, online games, D&D, and at-home cocktail classes!
- Genuinely nice, smart people to work with, who are excited about growing our company
We are open to this being a full-time role (5 days, 37.5 hours per week) or part time (at least 3 days per week). Typical working hours are from 09:00 - 17:30, though we’re happy to be flexible around this. If you’d like a flexible working arrangement, please just let us know in your application.
We're making the most of hybrid working, so you won't need to come into the office everyday (unless you want to!), but for this role there will be regular meetings and workshops, so you'll need to be able to come into the office potentially up to a few times a month. We're ideally looking for somebody in/near Edinburgh, but if you live further afield and are comfortable with the office visits as part of the commute, we'd love to see your application.
Join the team!
Equality of opportunity is more than just a responsibility: we believe it’s a huge advantage to welcome a variety of experiences and perspectives into the team. Diversity is a great asset and, as such, we strongly encourage applications from any background.
We're doing well but there's loads more to achieve to keep scaling at the pace we have been. Everyone here is growing personally as the company grows, so if that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to see your application.
The deadline for applications is COB Sunday 9th April 2023.