Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We are looking for a talented Product Owner to join our Customer Solutions team, part of the wider Enterprise Technology group based in Wellington. This role can be based from Auckland, Wellington, Melbourne or remote in NZ.
About the team:
This team’s purpose is to enable our stakeholders with tools & best practices to better engage with our customers, market Xero products and grow Xero's reach. Core to this team's purpose is understanding the practices today, and helping create a vision for what this could look like tomorrow and beyond. This team works most closely with the Digital Marketing team and other key stakeholders. This team is primarily a development team with Salesforce Engineers, Business Analyst, QAs, Architects etc involved in the day to day.
About the role:
As a Product Owner in the Platform Technology team you will have an opportunity to work with some of the strategically important initiatives for Xero. Such as, improving our customer conversations, enabling our events programmes and supporting customer growth strategies. You will also work with a wide range of stakeholders - including the Marketing, Communication, Global Events, Social Media teams and many more.
What you'll do:
- Ensure new features, enhancements and fixes are rolled to production regularly and with as few bugs/issues as possible
- See that the pod is clear on their goals and there is enough work defined for them to be fully utilised
- Have the ability to analyse, evaluate & break down complex problems to deliver outcomes frequently
- Make sure a balance of attention is given to maintenance and technical debt as to new features
- Ensure dependencies on other teams are identified and managed proactivelyProtecting the team from disruption and helping them honour commitments
- Work closely with the Product Manager to set expectations for delivery, based on best understanding estimations, provide input into the roadmap and refine the team backlog
What you'll bring with you:
- Experience as a product owner working in an agile environment and some experience of carrying out Scrum Master responsibilities
- The ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and keep them updated appropriately on progress, scope and releases
- You’ll have experience in championing your product team and you're a natural motivator & team player
- As an excellent communicator, you will have heaps of experience articulating ideas between technical and non technical areas of the business
- Comfortable with fostering a culture of collective ownership for the work completed within the team, encourage direct feedback and create psychological safety in the team
We have multiple positions available, previous experience with Salesforce would be valuable but not essential. We would be interested in speaking with you if you have most of what needed to be successful in this role.
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is a Rainbow Tick certified employer.
Xero strongly encourages employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine what reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.