Tencent is an Internet-based platform company founded in Shenzhen, China, in 1998. We use technology to enrich the lives of Internet users and assist the digital upgrade of enterprises. Our mission is "Value for Users, Tech for Good". We embrace a culture of teamwork & creativity and are driven by our values - Integrity, Proactivity, Collaboration and Creativity.
We are rapidly expanding our international operations and are looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading Internet company, Tencent offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive.
About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and is now the largest gaming company in the world, achieving game related revenues of $33 billion in 2021. As a leading global organisation for game development, publishing and operations, we are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile, Honor of Kings and League of Legends to hundreds of millions of players across more than 200 countries and regions. Tencent Games offers talented individuals the opportunity to help shape and build something unique within the gaming industry as a whole.
About the Role
The Product Marketing Manager, Western Europe will be part of a newly formed team of 6-8 people responsible for the marketing and commercial performance of a portfolio of new mobile games titles across the region. The team will comprise of product marketing, PR / Comms, Operations / Live Ops and a number of social & community managers focused on local market activation in key markets.
The Product Marketing Manager will work with the HQ team in China to shape product and Go-To-Market strategy, ensuring that key programmes are designed and implemented which drive consumer awareness and interest throughout the region for each of the new games titles. The role will require close collaboration with a variety of regional and HQ based stakeholders around the organisation.
- Ongoing translation of commercial goals into a specific product marketing plan for Western Europe, building the roadmap & programmes to driving a portfolio of products.
- Lead the design and delivery of high impact consumer campaigns, tailored to the needs of each market.
- Partner closely with Live Ops team to ensure player insights and monetisation opportunities are understood and optimized within the region.
- Lead the investment phasing and prioritisation of marketing budgets across the region.
- Work with a variety of agency partners to generate relevant, impactful content for our media, PR and social media campaigns on each title.
- Lead the AB testing of different creative advertising assets within the region to ensure media & UA budgets are both efficient & effective.
- Establish clear pre and post launch KPIs through which the marketing campaign and commercial performance of each title may be monitored and optimized.
- Understand our products and highlight regional specific product feature requirements to the team in Shenzhen, China.
- Work with regional brand partnerships lead to establish brand partnership programmes that bring original, relevant content to our titles.
- Proactively share knowledge and best practice with other regional teams around the world to align key in-game localisation requirements and share key learnings.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or above.
- At least 10 years working experience in video game publishing, of which a significant time has been spent within the mobile games sector.
- Experience in video game marketing is essential, ideally with an understanding of F2P and GAAS models.
- Experience across multiple aspects of the go-to-market process for mobile games publishing
- A strategic thinker with the ability to conceptualise broadly across various solutions, whilst also enjoying operating in a hands-on capacity
- Passionate, committed, self-starter with high levels of initiative, energy, ownership and urgency
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to effectively engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Proactive and approachable personality with experience leading high-performing teams in a dynamic environment
- Track record of success in launching multiple titles within EMEA and / or a major European market.
- Demonstrable track record of operating with vision, flexibility and tenacity.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- A passion for gaming.
- Valid passport and ability to travel as required.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- MBA or equivalent.
- Experience operating in a start-up environment and in establishing a high performing team
- Fluency in Mandarin a plus.
Senior Marketing Manager, Western Europe.
Location of Role
- Western Europe (UK, Germany, France, Sweden, The Netherlands, Italy)
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world.
- A safe and supportive organisational climate to continue to grow and hone your craft.
- 25 days annual leave, long-service awards, flexible work arrangements, private health insurance and pension plan.
- Additional benefits such as annual trips, gym membership, working lunch, Family Day and other cultural events and festival gifts.
Tencent Games is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.