Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Team:
We work closely with our colleagues in Product, Engineering, Analytics and Design, and collaborate cross functionally with our peers in our key markets globally and customer facing teams, to develop innovative product initiatives that drive adoption and usage of Xero amongst our key audiences, Small Businesses, Accountants and Bookkeepers.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for helping to define the buying and onboarding experience as well as the platform communications strategy to drive growth and deepen usage of Xero amongst Small Business, Accountants and Bookkeepers. This role requires driving cross team collaboration, thought leadership, and alignment to deliver impactful product experiences that help Small Businesses, Accountants and Bookkeepers get started and thrive on Xero.
What you'll do:
- Recommend opportunities to improve the customer experience for onboarding, purchasing through the checkout process and communicating to customers within the product
- Work with the Product Management, Design and content teams to develop customer messaging throughout the onboarding and checkout experience
- Work with the team to create the lifecycle contact plan so the Product and Engineering teams can build the In-product communications experience
- Assess the market, competitors, industry trends and customer needs. You should know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and look for ways to integrate this information into product development
- Ensure Product Managers have the right market and customer insights to shape their roadmaps, helping them define the short, medium and long term product development plans
- Craft customer facing messaging for key audiences
- Lead customer value proposition development.
- Be the primary Product representative on go-to-market programs, enabling efficient and effective product releases.
- Provide feedback to Product & Customer teams to show how product / features meet the needs of our segments and where gaps exist.
How you'll make an impact:
- Bring a holistic view of customer needs to product
- Partner with product managers to ensure our roadmap is anchored in the unique value we can deliver to customers
- Translate product initiatives into customer value, developing & embedding communication frameworks for Product (including customer view of release calendar) to describe (cross-portfolio) product value in customer terms
- Partner with Customer and Regional Operations to agree optimal launch timing and approach, by balancing product, business and customer readiness
What you'll bring with you:
- Demonstrated experience leading lifecycle marketing strategies to drive development
- Worked with plans and pricing and representing these online
- Have experience in journey mapping and improving the customer experience
- Experience managing customers through change
- Experience developing and driving product and marketing strategies built on deep customer, business, ecosystem, product, and market understanding
- Proven experience being a trusted advisor to product, technology and marketing partners, anticipating potential obstacles and proactively working to deliver solutions
- Confidence in working through ambiguity and creating new experiences
- Proven ability to build productive relationships with both technical, design, and marketing teams
- Passionate collaborator and thrive on the challenge of regularly connecting teams across regions and global offices
- 7+ years in a product marketing or marketing role
- Loads of initiative and able to lead virtual teams and work autonomously
- Ability to handle the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a fast-paced tech environment
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Xero strongly encourages employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine what reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely.