Hey 👋 I’m Kristin, the Head of Marketing at Pinpoint. We’re a high-growth, bootstrapped, HR-tech start-up building and selling software that helps in-house recruitment teams attract, hire, and onboard the right talent.
Today, we have a strong marketing foundation in place, with:
- A mature product, strong product-market fit, and happy customers
- High growth, 100%+ per year
- All of that growth coming from inbound and customer/partner referrals
- A leadership team who understand & support modern marketing
But to hit our next set of growth goals, we need to build on that foundation. So we're growing the team. We're looking for a Product Marketing Manager to help us with Sales enablement and go-to-market strategy.
About the role
The nature of working on a small marketing team at a startup is that the roles are fairly broad, with the idea that more specialization can come in the future as the team expands.
Ultimately, this role is responsible for helping us succeed in a hyper-competitive industry through a deep understanding of the market, our customers, and our competitors. We have a foundational strategy in place, but you'll have a lot of freedom to tell us what we should do differently.
Here are some of the projects you'll be working on across the next 6 months:
- Help the Sales team write RFPs, maintain our internal documentation to make RFPs easier for everyone, and streamline our RFP process. (RFPs are documents our prospects send us to list their requirements and ask if our product can fulfill those requirements. Doing these well requires you to have both a detailed understanding of our product and the ability to write good marketing copy.)
- Create Sales enablement content such as case studies, simple web pages, competitive intelligence, and internal product documentation.
- Own product launches, including defining our message, writing external copy, updating internal documentation, and coordinating across Sales, Product, and Customer Success.
- Work with the broader Marketing team, Sales, and Customer Success on marketing campaigns to drive pipeline, adoption, retention, and expansion.
- Become the internal advocate for customer needs. Collaborate with our Product Manager to shape our roadmap for product releases and integrations.
- Expand our go-to-market strategy with our growing network of integration partners, defining our packaging, positioning, and pricing strategy (ie, who should we partner with and how, what types of pricing incentives should we offer to mutual customers, and how should we promote the partnerships with new customers).
And here are a few details that might make you say “hell, yeah” or “hell, no”:
- You'll be our only product marketer so we won't have a “how to do your job” playbook waiting for you. You'll need to know how to get stuff done, make good decisions, and learn fast.
- You won't have a web manager to work with. You'll be uploading your own content into Wordpress. And you'll be working directly with our freelance web designers & developers occasionally if you need a new design for a web page.
- This is an extremely crowded space and we have to be 1% more creative than our competitors. We cannot succeed by doing the same things everyone else is doing.
- Our HQ is in Jersey, UK but we built the company to be remote-first and have a distributed remote team across the UK and US.
- You write like you talk.
- You pride yourself on your project management skills. You consistently deliver projects on deadline, even when they involve multiple people.
- You can execute as well as plan—that could mean writing copy, trawling review sites to better understand our competitors, filling out an RFP, creating a slide deck, or recording a “how to” video for our customers.
- You're comfortable speaking regularly with our customers for market research and case studies. And you can build strong relationships with our integration partners.
- You want to work at a high-growth, bootstrapped, scale-up and know what that entails—building things from scratch, if something needs doing being the one to do it, and ruthlessly prioritising.
- You might have a background in marketing, or you might have a background similar to our target audience in talent acquisition or recruiting.
- You could be based in Canada, US, UK, or Europe.
We'll expect a lot from you, but in return you'll:
- Grow your career, fast.
- Work with people who care about quality and speed in equal measure.
- Make a meaningful, measurable contribution to the revenue number (and make a real life impact on how companies hire).
- Be part of a business where everyone understands the value of marketing.
- Get the support you need to do a great job (MacBook Pro, the software you need, professional development budget, regular 1:1s, etc).
- Get access to senior managers across the business, whenever you want.
- Have unlimited holidays (minimum requirement of 21 days per year).
- Be able to work where and when you want (as long as you’re getting the job done).
- Get paid travel to meet up with your team members in-person 3 times per year.
- Get top of the line healthcare for you and your family.
- Get a meaningful equity allocation.
If the time comes that you want to move onto a new role in the future, you'll have a compelling story of how you made a huge impact, in a high-growth business, in a competitive market.