Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Help define and amplify the Stripe story and connect our products with users.
Our Product Marketing team’s mission is to generate customer insights that inform Stripe’s product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and create and execute campaigns to drive product growth. Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Stripe, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications to name a few. Different from many other Product Marketing teams, our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to lead strategic communications and best practices for pricing at Stripe. You’ll partner closely with our Pricing team to evaluate and execute multi-product strategic pricing projects to fuel business growth for Stripe while delivering superior user experiences. You’ll drive go-to-market strategy, positioning, sales enablement, and marketing asset creation for pricing initiatives and own the stripe.com/pricing page. You’ll also lead critical non-pricing related strategic projects to drive growth of our payments product portfolio.
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments: talk regularly to users and prospects and work with our Pricing and Data Science teams for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning, etc.)
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Help enable user-facing teams at Stripe—from Sales and User Operations to local teams in other countries
- Work with the Pricing, Finance, and Product teams to set pricing that aligns to the product value proposition and with our users’ success
- Think globally as we work to expand our solutions around the world, adapting your understanding of local market needs, competitors, and pricing accordingly
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market.
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various work streams on track.
- Passionate about product and tech. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand. You follow tech trends, and you’re excited about building incredible product experiences
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CFO—and differentiate Stripe. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ambitious and adaptable. You are eager to make an impact at Stripe. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- A team player. Product Marketers collaborate across the Marketing team and with basically every team at Stripe. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience that can span product marketing, strategy consulting, product management, marketing, operational roles
- 2-3 years of product marketing or go-to-market strategy work experience, preferably in a technology or consulting company
- Experience working in B2B settings and with sales teams is preferred but not required
- Experience in payments or financial services is preferred but not required