Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the role:
Product Marketing at Xero is in an exciting and high growth phase. We work closely with Product and Customer teams across the business to bring a holistic view of customer needs to Product, and translate product initiatives into customer value. We do this so that we deliver differentiated product value to customers as efficiently and effectively as possible.
As the Product Marketing Manager for E-Invoicing and Projects, you will be helping to grow and develop Xero’s product areas within Xero’s Manage Sales product. You will be accountable for positioning and marketing E-Invoicing and Projects to new and existing small business customers and their advisors to grow adoption and utilisation.
Projects provides a critical solution for service-based small businesses, in helping to cost, track, execute, and review their projects or jobs. Projects brings clarity to businesses so that their work is on-track, profitable and stress free.
E-invoicing is a newer feature to Xero in Australia and New Zealand, enabling small businesses to securely and automatically exchange invoices and bills with other businesses or government agencies, directly into the recipient’s accounts payable system. Ultimately, E-invoicing helps small businesses to get paid faster and save time on processing bills.
You will become the go-to expert on the needs of the customer and the value of our products to tie everything together through clear and concise propositions. You will learn, monitor and deeply understand how your customers, competitors and influencers are changing and responding to your propositions across multiple regions. You will work closely with multiple stakeholders across the business including product management, product design and go-to-market teams.
You will be a key contributor in assessing market opportunity:
- Collaborate with Strategy, Product Management, Design and other stakeholders to undertake market, competitor and customer research to deeply understand the markets in which we operate as well as customer needs and pain points.
- Consolidate and communicate relevant insights which determine Xero’s opportunity in market. You should integrate these insights into your product marketing plans.
- Determine the target audience and segments, in particular the Serviceable Available Market, using insights from Product and Customer teams.
You will lead Customer Value Propositions, including development, maintenance, and custodianship throughout Xero:
- Lead a strategic and collaborative process with key stakeholders to define the CVP for target audiences. You will also identify and maintain compelling product evidence of CVPs.
- Bring CVPs to life for internal audiences, through assets such as messaging frameworks and product playbooks.
- Ensure CVPs are regularly reviewed and updated, in line with changes to customer, competitors and product.
You will be the primary Product representative on Go-To-Market programs, to ensure we release product efficiently and effectively:
- Communicate product release calendar to Customer stakeholders in a timely manner, describing product value in customer terms.
- Collaborate with Customer teams to brief product initiatives, agree optimal launch timing and GTM approach, and consult throughout the GTM process to ensure clear guardrails are set when communicating product value externally.
- Develop internal briefing assets and internal sales enablement resources to help prepare and upskill internal teams.
You will lead the collaboration with Customer/GTM teams on product growth opportunities:
- Identify opportunities to grow product adoption, usage and retention – utilising research, analytics and feedback from regions. You will influence relevant Customer/GTM teams to leverage the opportunities you identify.
- Lead in-product lifecycle marketing strategy and execution, including in-product communications.
What you'll bring with you:
- Experience working in a global role across geographies, and in an agile environment with Product Managers and development teams will help you succeed in this role
- Proven experience in the creation and development of product strategy, positioning and messaging
- Experience with issues management will be advantageous
- Ability to think strategically, work independently and effectively in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated, creative and team player, with excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Creative problem solver who can incorporate new learnings into existing plans and act decisively and independently
- Strong communication, analytical, critical thinking and business strategy skills
- Exceptional ability to articulate compelling propositions in clear language and develop effective marketing materials
- Ability to handle the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a fast-paced tech environment
You will be part of the Global Product team so you will work with all our key regions, including Canada, US, UK, Australia, New Zealand and Asia. You will have the ability to travel if required.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Xero strongly encourages employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine what reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely.