Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our ITSM product marketing team! You will help drive awareness and adoption of Atlassian’s IT service management (ITSM) solution, Jira Service Management.
The role involves arming our growing enterprise field sales teams with the tools they need to win more deals and win them faster. You’ll work closely with product management, sales, channel, enablement, demand generation, and other cross-functional teams to plan, execute, measure, and optimize programs. The ideal candidate gets a thrill from forming relationships and participating in calls with sales, channel partners, and customers to understand their needs and help them speak to our product and vision.
What you'll do:
- Be an expert on the competitive landscape, industry trends, target personas, and the buyer journey to build differentiated messaging and value propositions
- Create messaging, tools, and training to arm our enterprise direct sales teams and channel partners to successfully identify, engage, and close deals, including pitch decks, datasheets, case studies, and sales plays
- Identify where we win and where we lose to create compelling assets and programs to increase sales effectiveness
- Creates competitive battle cards, messaging, and other assets both for our sales team as well as for marketing and demand generation
- Gather and share market insights and product feedback with product management, product marketing, and sales to inform product and business strategies
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of product marketing experience in B2B enterprise software; previous experience in a customer-facing role (e.g. pre-sales engineering, sales, business development, etc.) is a plus
- You’re experienced with the B2B enterprise sales cycle and interacting with customers
- You have a strong technical acumen and can quickly translate complex concepts into easily digestible messages; subject matter expertise in IT Operations, ITSM, and/or DevOps is a plus
- You’re a compelling writer and presenter and love to tell both written and verbal stories
- You’re an effective communicator and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You can easily anticipate how sales teams will utilize your tools and always strive to produce high-quality customer-facing assets
- You can navigate ambiguity and proactively seek new approaches for experimentation and optimization
More about our team
You’ll be joining a team driving traction into the ITSM market. The ITSM Product Marketing team is growing rapidly, so you’ll have a tremendous opportunity to help us build our team culture, formulate strategies, build programs from scratch, influence product roadmap, and be instrumental in driving growth for the company. Product Marketing at Atlassian is responsible for creating and executing the GTM strategy for all products across the Atlassian product portfolio by supporting our flywheel model and our approach to enterprise sales. We run our organization like a well-oiled agile team, where the top priority items are easily identifiable and everyone on the team rallies around those deliverables, and each other, on a regular basis.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.