Hello, we’re Instrumentl.
We’re a mission-driven startup helping the nonprofit sector to drive impact, and we’re well on our way to becoming the #1 most-loved grant discovery and management tool. To help us get there, we’re hiring an intellectually curious Product Marketing Manager to shape product positioning, craft messaging, and drive various go-to-market initiatives.
Are you passionate about shaping and promoting SaaS products that truly make a difference in the world? Does developing strategic marketing plans to drive product demand and engagement excite you? If you have a flair for storytelling and a keen understanding of market dynamics, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Instrumentl is a hypergrowth YC-backed startup with over 3,000 nonprofit clients, from local homeless shelters to larger organizations like the San Diego Zoo and the University of Alaska. We are building the future of fundraising automation, helping nonprofits to discover, track, and manage grants efficiently through our SaaS platform.
Our charts are dramatically up-and-to-the-right 📈 — we’re cash flow positive and doubling year-over-year, with customers who love us (NPS is 65+ and Ellis PMF survey is 60+). Join us on this rocket ship to Mars!
About the role:
As our Product Marketing Manager, you'll be at the forefront of defining and executing strategies that drive demand, adoption, and revenue growth. Through collaboration with cross-functional teams, you'll craft compelling messaging, conduct market research, and lead go-to-market (GTM) initiatives that resonate with our diverse customer base.
As a Growth team member, you'll work closely with:
- Will, Head of Growth
- Mia, Growth Strategist
- Ryan, Content Marketer
- Rachel, Events & Community Manager
- Emily, Growth Product Designer
We are fully distributed (read: no office!). For this position, we are looking for someone based in the continental US, but open to candidates who have substantial overlap with standard working hours in the Central Time Zone.
What you'll do:
- Revamp and operationalize Instrumentl's Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) and personas.
- Leverage customer and market insights to inform product positioning and messaging.
- Plan and execute GTM strategies, ensuring alignment across product, growth, marketing, sales, and customer success teams.
- Communicate how Instrumentl solves specific problems or fulfills needs better than its competitors using written, visual, and video content
- Analyze customer feedback to continuously refine our product and messaging.
- Conduct thorough market research to understand our target audience, competition, and industry trends
- Develop marketing collateral, product videos, and promotional materials
- Establish a feedback loop between Growth & Marketing and other departments to continuously improve product and marketing efforts
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of full-time work experience: SaaS product marketing specific experience. You have a proven track record of impactful go-to-market strategies. We are prioritizing experienced hires.
- Exceptional storytelling: ability to craft compelling narratives and messages that resonate with different target audiences
- Strong business acumen: you can answer unstructured business questions and interpret qualitative and quantitative data to drive projects to conclusion.
- Excellent analytical skills: you spot trends quickly, and are highly comfortable with tracking KPIs and forecasting future performance.
- Clear communication: you pride yourself on your ability to communicate complex topics easily in person (or on video) and in writing.
- Effective execution: you work efficiently, meet deadlines, stay organized, and have a reputation for being incredibly dependable. It pains you to miss a goal or milestone.
- Resourcefulness: you are able to conduct research and figure out solutions to new problems, given general direction and guidance.
- Tech savviness: you love using tools like G Suite, Zoom, Slack, Close.io, and Canva. You’re a fan of shortcuts and can name your favorites off the top of your head.
- Growth mindset: you’re a self-motivated learner, and you welcome the chance to exchange constructive feedback with colleagues.
- Friendly demeanor: you are warm and approachable, easy to work with, and genuinely enjoy connecting with others.
- Bonus: experience working in early-stage startups and being comfortable (even thriving!) with ambiguity.
- Bonus: experience in the nonprofit sector, especially with grants.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity ($100,000 - $140,000/year)
- 100% covered health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (50% for dependents)
- Generous PTO policy, including parental leave
- Company laptop + stipend to set up your home workstation
- Company retreats for in-person time with your colleagues
- Work with awesome nonprofits around the US! We partner with incredible organizations doing meaningful work, and you get to help power their success.
Why join Instrumentl?
Instrumentl is evolving rapidly. You’ll always have new challenges and opportunities to grow in your role here - you won’t be bored! You’ll be an early member of our small but mighty team, playing a huge part in shaping our culture for the years and teammates to come.
- We’re customer-focused. We routinely seek feedback from our customers to improve the Instrumentl experience for everyone. Our first company value is "The customer is the hero" and we mean it.
- We love to experiment. Our team is constantly generating new concepts and iterating to see what works - ideation and experimentation are essential here. "Bend the curve" is another key company value.
- We’re approachable and collaborative. Everyone has a voice, and we’re all building Instrumentl together.
- We kick it every day with some of the nicest people in the world. No joke, our customers are often on the front lines educating kids, saving endangered species, and restoring watersheds. In helping them take advantage of Instrumentl’s technology, you’re helping them move the world forward.
Ready to apply?
Using the 'Apply' button below, please submit the following materials:
1. A cover letter or a short Loom video addressing your past experience and 3 traits that make you an ideal candidate for the Product Marketing Manager role. Highlight specific examples!
2. A link to your portfolio or a selection of work samples.
3. Include the word avocados in your response to show you read this from start to finish!
Along with your application materials, please attach your CV/resume.
At Instrumentl, we pride ourselves on building a diverse team from the ground up. Every role is an opportunity to teach, learn, and create some of your best work - if you’re excited to grow along with us, we encourage you to apply!