Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Outbound Integrations is a strategic product portfolio within Xero’s Ecosystem team that bridges traditional accounting and ecommerce. The team is creating high value integrations to strategic partners like Shopify, HubSpot and Mailchimp to make it even easier for Xero customers to run their businesses. You’ll work with ecommerce giants from around the world on #beautiful products that small businesses and accountants love.
The purpose of the Product Marketing Manager - Outbound Integrations - is to partner with Product teams to ensure the right outbound integrations are prioritised, and that they are understood, adopted and loved by our global small business and accounting customers. You’ll ensure integrations are; shaped by research, backed by commercial analysis, positioned clearly and have a smooth entry to market, then work with Product and Marketing to drive uptake and improve over time.
Working with Ecosystem Product, Marketing and Customer teams, plus Product, Technology, Partnership and GTM groups across Xero, you’ll build and iterate outbound integrations to meet our customer’s needs, drive utilisation, and improve the customer experience throughout their journey.
You’ll own go-to-market with clear strategy, impactful messaging and create enablement that arms Xeros with the information and direction they need to deliver products smoothly into the hands of our customers. Through data, qualitative research and constant feedback loops, you’ll continue to drive adoption and enhance customer experience well beyond launch.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with customers, product managers, data, design, research, engineering teams and other stakeholders to undertake customer and competitor research to form a deep understanding of customer problems, uncover new product value propositions in line with the Ecosystem vision, help influence product requirements, prioritize market needs and communicate the product roadmap.
- Use research insights, internal data and market research to develop messaging, positioning, pricing and packaging to differentiate your products in market.
- Lead go-to-market activities for Ecosystem products from strategy to execution in partnership with Product Managers and be the glue between marketing, product and the rest of the go-to-market team.
- Be an expert on our customers, partners and competition.
- Develop the tools and resources to support the selling of Ecosystem products.
- Lead and improve adoption of Ecosystem products, tools and experiences ensuring they continue to meet agreed usage metrics.
- Mentor product teams on how to productise, price, position and take their products to marketLead through influence, building rapport and with senior stakeholders to get buy-in and ensure Ecosystem objectives are prioritised in go-to-market plans and key programs of work.
Success Looks Like
- New features, products and experiences are taken to market effectively.
- Product utilisation, adoption and engagement targets are being met or exceeded.
- Adoption and commercial targets are being met or exceeded.
- You have built healthy relationships, trust and confidence with key stakeholders. All stakeholders are updated appropriately on product strategy, GTM plans and market intelligence. They have the clarity they need, before asking for it.
- You lead through influence, driving outcomes at all levels, securing project buy-in and ensuring Ecosystem objectives are prioritised in go-to-market plans and key programs of work by senior leadership across the business.
- The Partnerships, Evangelism, App Store and Developer platform teams, the wider Ecosystem and Xero teams have the tools, support and resources they need to deliver an epic experience for our partners, and to grow
- You have deep subject matter expertise in Ecosystem products and audiences and are recognised as the “go-to” person for internal stakeholder enquiries.
What You'll Bring With You
- 5+ years product marketing or product management experience in a technology company.
- Proven experience in the creation and development of product strategy, positioning and messaging.
- A solid track record launching technology products and implementing adoption strategies resulting in maximum feature uptake.
- Proficient at managing internal & external stakeholders with proven ability to influence outcomes at all levels from individual contributor to executive level leader.
- Proven ability to influence outcomes at all levels from individual contributor to executive level leader.
- Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate the business values internally, to sales teams, to customers and to industry influencers and journalists.
You can choose to perform this role:
- In one of our #beautiful offices (Wellington, Auckland or remote NZ).
- Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles.
Xero is a Rainbow Tick certified employer.
Xero strongly encourages employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine what reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.