Who we are
Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to the world’s largest enterprises —in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies. Removing the barriers to online commerce helps more new businesses get started, expedites growth for existing companies, and increases economic output and trade globally.
We operate at a significant scale, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity ahead, so there is still much to do. Join us and help put the global economy within everyone’s reach.
About the team
We’re looking for an experienced, creative, results-oriented product marketer to join our global competitive intelligence team. The role will help shape Stripe’s competitive positioning, roadmap and sales engagements across key regions.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded competitive analyst with proven experience. At its core, the role exists to enable our business to sell more effectively & improve win rate
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
What you'll do:
- Devise competitive positioning and differentiated messaging to enable our sellers and partners to compete in the marketplace
- Build and communicate an understanding of key global competitors: Use competitor announcements, news, review sites, analyst reports and other published sources to build and communicate a detailed understanding of key competitors’ strategies, offerings, GTM activities, and performance
- Build, maintain, and evangelize both internal-facing and external-facing core competitive intelligence materials, including presentations, battlecard documents, whitepapers etc. You will come up with concepts for both customer-facing assets and internal resources, develop compelling narratives and resonant messaging in partnership with PMMs and other teams, and execute to deliver impactful content
- Establish and leverage win/loss analyses (qual and quant) and reporting to consistently help refine messaging and sales enablement materials
- Develop internal competitive training and certification programs by partnering with Sales Enablement and Sales Education
- Contribute to product decision-making and roadmap prioritization by partnering with product operations and product management
- Engage in ongoing market research and analysis of industry players’ go-to-markets and messaging
- Understand our Sales team’s needs, and creatively generate solutions. This role involves close communication with Sales, and an ability not only to understand Sales’ requests, but also to come up with creative solutions to address underlying needs
Who you are:
- A storyteller. You have compassion for users and can tailor messaging and narratives to resonate with a specific audience. You are a strong writer and communicator
- Organized. You can lead complex projects and keep multiple parallel work streams on track
- Action-oriented. You can personally create high quality internal and customer-facing content, including presentations, web copy, and datasheets. You move quickly and revise against your initial findings over time
- Results-oriented. You care deeply about the measurable impact of your work
- An iterator. You are comfortable with iterating on assets over time, developing feedback channels with important stakeholders, and tailoring your work based on market developments
- A great teammate and a teacher. You will collaborate across Marketing, Product, Sales, and other teams at Stripe. You can build a strong network of cross-functional relationships and use them to get things done. You will teach the organization about competitive insights and how we should adapt based on them
- Comfortable working with technical products. While you don’t have to be an engineer, you will be capable of communicating technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- 5+ years of relevant work experience that such as sales enablement, competitive intelligence, product marketing, sales, or consulting
- Experience managing projects, such as market analysis, collateral creation, and internal enablement sessions
- Experience working with B2B sales teams; preferably in technology, infrastructure, or platform companies
- A proven ability of working cross-functionally to get things done
- A demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage several projects at the same time
- Bonus: You have domain experience in payments or fintech products