Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Marketing at Brex
The Marketing team tells the Brex story, determines messaging and positioning, and translates our reimagined products and features into tangible customer benefits. Our marketers—across Brand, PMM, Content, and Performance—are responsible for acquiring new customers and have a deep understanding of the business. We’re a highly cross-functional team and partner most closely with the Product, Sales, BD, and Design teams to help our prospects and customers grasp how we can help them reach their full potential.
What you’ll do
Brex is seeking a Product Marketing Lead to take Brex’s portfolio of products to market, delivering value to our potential and existing customers and driving growth for Brex. They will reimagine how we communicate with our customers and prospects—to be more human, friendly—and create the messaging, positioning, go-to-market strategies, and customer focus to make us a trusted authority and partner. We’re seeking a smart, ambitious, self-starter and leader who can balance strategic thinking, creative ideation, customer empathy, with team-building and coaching. They have a strong understanding of a B2B buyer’s journey (or transferable experience and a hunger to learn it), and are familiar with examples of inventive consumer/B2C marketing strategies.
- Develop messaging and positioning - Informed by market and customer research, sales and support feedback, and product understanding, determine how to position and message products and features in a compelling, emotionally resonant way. Create personas and ideal customer profiles, and communicate Brex’s value through storytelling.
- Lead go-to-market planning cross-functionally - Proactively get involved early in product development and develop creative ideas, pricing and packaging, and the GTM strategies to take products and features to market, acquire customers, and drive and grow adoption, engagement, and loyalty over time. Interface confidently between marketing, product, sales, sales enablement, BD, engineering, user research, support, legal & compliance, relationship management, and build strong relationships with each.
- Build campaigns that drive revenue - Imagine creative, omni-channel marketing campaigns in partnership with our Brand and Performance Marketing teams that generate awareness, revenue, and adoption, and rigorously measure the results to relentlessly optimize them. Lead the cross-functional team to execute.
- Research competitors and enable sales - Conduct ongoing research and lead competitive intelligence programs to provide a detailed understanding of key competitors’ strategies, offerings, GTM activities, and performance in order to inform product development and equip Sales to effectively sell against competitors.
- Embrace ambiguity and change - Thrive in a dynamic and fast-changing environment, challenge the status quo to drive constant improvement.
- Education: BA/BS degree
- 10+ years in a product marketing, transferable marketing, and/or product management role
- 1+ years managing a team (people management)
- Excellent written communicator and storyteller with the ability to understand the audience and distill key messages in order to effectively inform and persuade
- Big-picture thinker with strong business discernment and high degree of creativity in identifying and capitalizing on opportunities
- Strong analytical skills to track, analyze, and incorporate data driven insights to report on and optimize campaigns
- Ability to lead and collaborate on cross-functional projects and multitask with excellent organizational skills
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm and ambition—you dream big are eager to make an impact at Brex
- Experience working in payments or financial services marketing and working with product, sales and brand teams