Yassir is the leading super App for on demand and payment services in the Maghreb region set to changing the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 26 cities across Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia with recent expansions into France, Canada and Sub-Saharan Africa. It is backed (+$43M in funding) by VCs from Silicon Valley, Europe and other parts of the world including Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We offer on-demand services such as ride-hailing and last-mile delivery. Building on this infrastructure, we are now introducing financial services to help our users pay, save and borrow digitally. Helping usher the continent into a digital economy era.
We’re not just about serving people - we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our Super App and Mobility Initiative. You will join the team that leads and owns the Product vision and roadmap for Yassir Super App products. If you possess unparalleled strategic thinking, big picture person, business acumen, you are obsessed with customer jobs-to-be-done, and you are detailed-oriented, then we are looking for you!
- Work with customers to understand jobs to be done and design user journeys
- Develop user stories translating business requirements into specifications the design and tech team can act upon
- Own the product roadmap and oversee its execution while balancing requirements across products and countries
- Contribute to the company culture and be responsible for the success and personal growth of our product managers
- Contribute to the company's overall strategy working closely with the engineering, data, and operations teams
- Manage the different stakeholders across countries and products
- +5 years experience as a product manager or in a similar senior-level position
- management skills, ideally experience managing remote teams.
- Experience in a rapidly growing company in the mobility, on-demand, or delivery space is a plus
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science, Design or relevant field
- Great compensation and bonuses including stock options.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment or in remote
- Paid company holidays
- Full social coverage
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN YASSIR
- Join one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa
- Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
- Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
- Work on some really hard technical challenges from identity infrastructure for Africans, digital payment networks to complex mapping and routing systems across the continent.
- We are the first Algerian startup to go through Y Combinator program and we’re backed by top investors including Unpopular Ventures, Rebel Fund and DainTree.VC
*Research shows that women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all of the requirements. We would like to hear from you if you feel you would be a good fit for us!
Do you want to become part of our first-class team? Then you absolutely have to send us your application. 🚀
PS: And if you want to stand out in your application, just let us know in your cover letter why we should have in our team. 💡
Diversity & Inclusion & Engagement:
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we believe diverse teams are more successful in the long term. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and we encourage all people equally to apply for jobs with us.