The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
The User Platform team builds the fundamentals of what a Spotify account is, and what it can do. We play a pivotal role in how people use Spotify, and our work underpins the foundations of what Spotify is. The best part is that our team is integral in creating new and innovative experiences for creators and fans. We are looking for a technical Product Manager to join the User Platform tribe to ensure that as Spotify grows, people’s accounts evolve and grow with us.
You’ll be working in a multidisciplinary development team that is passionate about building a portfolio of platformized products for authentication, authorization, user account data, and user experience configuration at Spotify. These products provide essential infrastructure to allow fans and creators to safely and simply access the full portfolio of Spotify services, and for the Spotify developer community to seamlessly use high-quality user data in their product applications. Your work will be used by millions of people across the world, and by hundreds of Spotifiers every day.
What You'll do
- Drive a key area of our product portfolio - building products that help Spotify to understand its users and support RND teams in making better product decisions
- Partner tightly with engineering, design & insights in your squad to develop innovative approaches to build the right things for your users.
- Set the roadmap, strategy and vision for your squad.
- Leverage metrics and insights to define the right thing to do and when to do it.
- Draw on your product craft skills to ship products and provide user value.
- Create a healthy and productive environment in your team through honesty, accountability, empathy and inclusivity.
Who You Are
- You have 2+ years of experience driving technical product development at a consumer internet company, and can show the impact of the products you have shipped.
- Technical experience with backend systems, extensive scale infrastructure and specifically data products
- You can build productive collaborator and peer relationships to ensure you have the right partners and know your customers.
- You are comfortable with numbers, and leverage insights and data to make prioritization decisions and find opportunities.
- You are comfortable developing roadmaps, strategy and vision for your domain.
- You are able to reason through technology trade-offs and can work with engineering to evaluate the right investment calls to improve value.
- You know what makes a phenomenal user experience and love partnering with design, insights, research and engineering to turn a vision into reality.
- You understand how you and your team can win together.
- You have a growth mindset and are looking to explore new chapters in your career at Spotify.
Where You'll Be
- We’ve introduced Work From Anywhere to give you more options!
- We are giving you the flexibility to work either from home in the UK or from our office in London.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.