We are looking for a Product Manager to join Spotify’s User Fraud team. Our mission is to reduce the impact of fraudulent activity on Spotify and its partners, to maintain the integrity of the platform, and to ensure a healthy financial business. Put another way, we’re here to stop the bots and bad actors trying to abuse Spotify.
In this role, you will serve as the Product Manager for a team of data and backend engineers responsible for mitigating fraudulent activity at Spotify scale. This team is responsible for acting on fraud (challenging, blocking, banning, hiding, etc.) and then helping nullify the impact from our internal data.
You will work closely with our fraud prevention, detection, and operations partner teams, as well as cross-functionally with a wide range of departments on collaborative projects to protect Spotify and our users from abuse.
This role is based in Stockholm (Remote Eligible), but will involve close collaboration with partner teams located in New York.
What you’ll do:
- Drive Spotify’s fraud mitigation and data cleaning strategy
- Serve as the Product Manager for a team of fraud-fighting data and backend engineers focused on building robust systems to mitigate the impact of fraudulent activity
- Partner with business and technical teams around the company to identify and execute on opportunities to improve our anti-fraud capabilities
- Educate stakeholders across the business around fraud impact and strategy
- Contribute to vendor analysis and engagement
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of Product Management experience
- You are comfortable working in a highly technical environment
- You have previous experience in fraud, security, business integrity, or similar disciplines
- You have a track record of influencing organisations and of partnering effectively with cross-functional teams
- You know how to inspire, motivate, and support a team to get things done
Spotify is a data-driven company that loves to place information and knowledge at the fingertips of the Finance team for making strategic decisions that impact cross functional business units. From developing forward-thinking proposals to understanding how data can impact the scale of systematic financial processes, your role in the Financial Engineering organisation is a critical partner and advisor to the business.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.