Discord is your place to talk. Whether you're part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to create connections, hang out, and talk.
At the heart of Discord's communities is Safety. The Safety team at Discord is responsible for ensuring users find belonging by minimizing exposure to spam and other forms of platform abuse. We are excited to find others passionate about making sure Discord is a safe and welcoming place for our users and hope you can join us on this mission.
We're looking for a Product Manager reporting to our Sr. Director of Product Management to join us and lead this important area. You will responsible for creating a vision, building systems and features, and ideating creative solutions to advance our mission towards Safety at Discord.
What you'll be doing
- Drive the product philosophy, vision, and roadmap to detect and prevent abuse on Discord
- Define and own performance against key business metrics and proactively report progress against those goals to the relevant stakeholders.
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, data scientists, ML, security, legal, policy and trust and safety analysts to keep our users and communities safe from abuse (including spam).
- Advise product teams across Discord on how to ensure products can’t be used maliciously and that appropriate preventative measures are built from the start.
- Drive cross-functional execution with growth, security, anti-abuse and product teams to minimize impact of abuse on our users. This work spans machine learning solutions to heuristics to building delightful features in-app.
- Propose projects that anticipate upcoming product needs to stop abuse that will work at Discord scale and helping drive the vision for preventing abuse on Discord.
What you should have
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, excited about finding solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them
- Passionate about Discord and about keeping users safe from abuse (including spam)
- 5+ years experience building and shipping great software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines.
- 3-5+ years product management experience.
- Proven track record of shipping products from design to deployment.
- Strong product sense and pride in understanding Discord and our users
- Strong analytical ability to quickly organize and leverage data to make informed product decisions with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Sufficient technical domain expertise to drive alignment on technical requirements with Anti-Abuse, ML and Security stakeholders.
- Previous work in Spam, Abuse or Trust & Safety or passion in learning.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience.
- Strong sense of delightful UI and UX design.
Benefits and Perks - Eligible to Fulltime Employees
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!