Our mission on the Advertising Product & Technology team is to build a next generation advertising platform that aligns with our unique value proposition for audio and video. We work to scale the user experience for hundreds of millions of fans and hundreds of thousands of advertisers. This scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities for our artists and creators.
At Spotify Advertising R&D, our mission is to build the next generation advertising platform for audio which can scale the freemium experience for hundreds of millions of fans and tens of thousands of advertisers. This scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities to define our business.
As the Identity & Targeting team, it’s our responsibility to ensure that Spotify’s listener data is used in a safe and responsible way while creating meaningful, measurable value and impact for our advertisers and our business. We own two foundational platforms that enable advertisers to identify and reach the right people on Spotify across both music and podcasts.
This role will be responsible for developing, launching and evolving targeting features that leverage these platforms and beyond. It will be your job to create the features, functionality and experiences that ensure advertisers can find their target audience Spotify - the single most important factor in an advertiser’s decision about where to spend their media budget.
What You'll Do
- Define and drive a product strategy and roadmap that creates measurable value for advertisers and aligns with broader organizational strategies and goals.
- Develop and launch innovative ad targeting products that incorporate data science and ML.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams across Spotify Advertising to drive the targeting vision and strategy.
- Bring a comprehensive understanding of advertisers’ targeting needs and the ways in which other platforms surface and support audience and other targeting capabilities.
- Scale our first-party audience offerings across podcast and music for both large agency and brand advertisers, as well as small to mid-sized businesses.
Who You Are
- 3+ years product experience
- Experience managing multiple features and/or products simultaneously.
- Ad tech and/or advertising industry experience preferred.
- Strategist who can see the big picture, but isn’t afraid to dive into the weeds and navigate cross-functionally in order to get things done.
- Experience using data to develop advertiser-facing (or customer-facing) products and features.
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be anywhere in the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
The United States base range for this position is $112,298 - $160,425, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. This range encompasses multiple levels. Leveling is determined during the interview process. Placement in a level depends on relevant work history and interview performance. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.