At Specify, we help organizations distribute their brand identity across their products and channels. Our mission is to become the backbone of design & code decisions within an organization. We strongly believe companies should be focused on what matters, solving problems rather than chasing UI and tech debt.
We've created the first Design Data Platform on the market that collects, stores enrich, and distributes design decisions across design system tools — automatically. Specify helps organizations manage their branding at scale by giving developers and designers the tools they need to better collaborate.
After years of user research, market analysis & product validations, we are now ready to scale the solution globally. That's why we are seeking the best talents out there... Maybe you are one of them!
We are product maniacs and a design-centric startup. Yes, it still exists. If you like Ops, APIs, Design & Dev Tools, and Open Source then you should love Specify! We are looking for people driven by strong product values ready to shape the next generation of Design API.
In this role, you will...
Help our product team to shape the future of Specify by driving them towards the best solution fitting our market. You’ll work on each part and service of Specify which are the visual web app, the API and the dev tools associated. Alongside our product manager, you’ll be working with all the teams across the company: founder team, designers, engineers, marketing & customer success. You'll be in charge of:
Handle the product line lifecycle and strategy
- Co-build and maintain the roadmap alongside the executive team based on outcomes and insights.
- Get a deep understanding of the business area and users' problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interactions with them.
- Collect, understand and validate the needs of users to communicate them clearly to the team.
Manage the progress of projects and their deployment
- Supervise the development of new features in close collaboration with the product team.
- Work closely with the product team to improve velocity, process and execution of the roadmap.
- Ensure the quality of your release and make sure the team is building the right thing the right way.
- Identify clear, measurable metrics to track the success of product components and the hypotheses you need to prove along the way.
Embody the product vision within and outside your team
- Be the voice of the product team. Ensure everyone at Specify adheres to our roadmap and understands the rationales behind it. Foster cross-team synergies by being a great communicator.
- Communicate the product strategy in great detail within and outside your team and make sure it is clear to everyone.
- Communicate new products to the different teams of the company and work closely with the marketing team to promote them.
- At least 4 years of experience as a product manager in a growing SaaS company. Design and/or Tech experiences are a huge plus!
- You have a successful track record of defining and launching excellent products.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- You are a real team player and able to establish strong relationships with other teams.
- You understand our technical space, how an engineer works and how to speak to them.
- Ideally, you are passionate about the design-and-code space.
- You are focused on outcomes rather than projects.
- You’ve developed strong empathy in order to understand customer constraints but also those of your stakeholders.
You'll work in a remote-friendly environment with passionate and talented people. You will have the chance to shape the future of collaboration between product teams.
- Work remotely as you wish...
- ... A warm seat is always available at our HQ in Paris
- We offer a complete remote working pack (laptop, chair, tools etc.)
- Competitive salary & equity package (4y vesting schedule with 1y cliff)
- Quality health insurance (Alan)
- Transportation fees (50%)
- Meal tickets (Swile) - 10€/day
- Culture gift card (Swile) - 100€/year
- Weekly gaming apéro with the team (Among us, Gartic phone, Codenames, etc.)
- Two annual team retreats
- Flexible hours & vacation time
- A front seat to witness the disruption of the global design system environment