Rainforest QA replaces QA teams with a no-code QA platform that PMs and Developers use to test their software. Our goal is to make Quality magical - to enable the work of testing to fade into the background, and help our customers build better quality products faster, with smaller teams.
We have a specific culture has helped us build an incredibly smart, compassionate and friendly global tribe. Our values are No BS and Be Weirdly Passionate, and you’ll find these evident in everything we do.
We are looking for our next Product Manager. We are mid-way to product/market fit: this is very much still Zero to One. A subset of our customers absolutely love what we do and are very sticky. Your job is to get that group to be the majority of customers. Most PMs will not be suitable for this role: this is not about optimization. This is about making big bets, using your intuition and the abundant customer experience and data available internally to make the right decisions about what to build and how to build it. You will have broad autonomy over the work of your squad(each PM works with a Designer and 2-3 Developers) and be one of a group of 4 PMs working directly with the CEO.
Some important context that will help you evaluate whether Rainforest might be a fit for you:
- Our product is no-code; not low-code. This means that the usability bar for all core features is that someone non-technical can easily use the product successfully and delightfully.
- Developers are a core user for us. Rainforest needs to be powerful enough to handle the specific testing use-cases they care about, while being seamless enough to create little friction in their workflows, specifically the release.
- Our product teams operate with a lot of autonomy. This means you’re responsible for maintaining a roadmap, organizing and load balancing engineers, and working directly with your designer to deeply understand the nuances of customer needs for whatever problem space you’re focused on.
- This is not a highly-supported role, and PMs from late-stage tech companies are unlikely to thrive. This role is optimal for an early-stage founder, which is common background among several PMs.
- Rainforest is changing the industry. We are not repeating what has already been done. This means that there are not a lot of examples to copy from, and it means that our PMs often need to reason from first principles.
- Plan, organize, and conduct user research sessions
- Develop mutually-productive relationships with customers
- Set priorities and roadmap for a product squad(featuring a UX designer and multiple engineers)
- Formulate hypotheses and validate them with continuous experimentation
- Communicate product updates internally and to customers via go-to-market materials
- Develop an expertise in QA processes, including best practices and trade-offs
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners to bring the appropriate expertise and insights to each project
- 4+ years experience as a product managerat an early stage SaaS startup
- Experience working on products specifically built for product or development teams
- Experience working with a pre-product market fit company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Experience holding yourself and others to high accountability standards
- Analytical and data-driven
- Experience formulating ideas with user research and running insightful experiments
- Unrivaled sense of autonomy, ownership, and comfort with a fast-paced startup
- Resilient and persistent; we’re looking for consultative problem solvers to help our customer succeed!
Nice to Have
- Developer background and/or experience with Gitflow
How we’ll reward you
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for employees, 75% for dependents (U.S., only).
- Unlimited paid time-off (PTO).
- A weekly allowance for lunches and a monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development.
- Semi-annual company off-sites in exciting destinations around the world.
- 12 weeks of paid maternity leave and 8 weeks of paid leave for supporting parents.
- 401k (U.S., only).
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At Rainforest we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Due to employment laws, we are unable to hire individuals internationally located in these following countries at this time: China, France, Iran, Egypt, Russia.