Launched in 2013, ManoMano
is the European leader specialised in DIY, home improvement and gardening online.
ManoMano brings together the largest offer of DIY & gardening online products. With more than 3600 seller partners
and 10 million products
, ManoMano brings together the largest offer across 6 countries
: France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Germany, United Kingdom.
We currently are 850 Manas & Manos, including a quarter of international talents and 24 nationalities, working in our 4 offices (Paris x2, Bordeaux and Barcelona). People are at the heart of ManoMano’s culture around our 3 core values : boldness, ingenuity and care.
Joining us is a tremendous human and business adventure ! We offer an ideal and (hyper)dynamic environment to put your skills on innovative and concrete projects on a European scale.
Product organization at ManoMano is divided into 5 Gears (Mega-Tribe)
SELLERS: Provide the best experience to our sellers to grow their business (main KPI: seller revenues)
COMMERCE: Help customer discover what they need (Main KPI : add to cart rate)
PROJECT & SERVICES: Help the customer to set up his own project with advice. We will propose some new services dedicated to DIY
BUYERS: Offer the most seamless and reassuring buying (main KPI: NPS and Funnel Conversion Rate)
BtoB: Transform the DIY marketplace to help construction entrepreneur to run their business (main KPI: B2B repurchase rate)
Each tribe includes several Feature Teams (FTs) gathered within Groups (small entities of up to 4 FTs).
→ The open position of Product Manager - Payment Methods is in the Buyers tribe.
Your Product Management role at ManoMano
As Product Manager for Payment Methods, you will be responsible for integrating the different payment methods for our customers in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, the United Kingdom, and Belgium. Your role will be to understand customer preferences, the technical requirements to integrate a payment method, and follow up closely the performance of each payment option available (conversion rate, decline rate, fraud rate, cost). You will also provide recommendations to optimize each one of the metrics for our payment offers. This job is also an opportunity to understand our customers and create adapted journeys to the type of customer (B2B, B2C), their kind of purchase (single, recurring purchase, financing), and align them to our business objectives.
The role reports to the Head of Product Payments and Finance. Your future manager has more than 15 years of experience in e-commerce and Payments and will coach you in your journey to become a great Product Manager. Additionally, your future manager is passionate about diversity and inclusion and appreciates people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Your main missions will consist in
1- Product discovery
Master the problem space of your feature team through a deep knowledge of the buyer's pain points and needs through qualitative research (assisted by our user research department), quantitative data (NPS results, Customer Effort Score verbatims), or understanding regulatory frameworks (in partnership with our Legal, Compliance and Finance teams).
2- Product strategy
- Build and nurture the product vision based on the data you gathered (from users, your team, data analysis, competitors, user research, regulatory frameworks…)
- Turn that into a strategy and a well-thought roadmap: you will make sure that we're building the right features at the right time.
- Make sure your team and stakeholders understand and embrace it through your engaging communication
- With the guidance of your manager, integrate your product strategy within the company strategy
3- Product delivery
- Ensure the correct delivery of your feature team; you collaborate with them daily to build a great product. Animate demos of your team to foster a continuous improvement culture
- Be obsessed by the impact of the features you ship through A/B testing, behavior data, etc. and generate insights about your product (with user researchers' help)
- Communicate promptly with your Head of Product about important information, alerts, etc. Ask for help every time you need it and be a fast learner
- You and your feature team will work very closely with the team in charge of the Payments Platform. Your scope will be closer to the customers when they pay in our checkout while the platform takes care of the rest, what happens in the back.
- You understand and know the preferred payment methods in France, the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Belgium and, most importantly, the reasons for such preference.
- You know the impact of the following regulations on a business's payments strategy: Second Payment Services Directive, Strong Customer Authentication, 3D Secure V2, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
- You have excellent communication skills and intuition to adapt your message according to your audience.
- You have an engineering mindset or an Engineering degree. If you have a Business School degree or any other kind of education, you are comfortable working and communicating with Engineers, and you are willing to learn more.
- You are comfortable with a fast-growing scaleup, which means you can adapt quickly, see the big picture, pay attention to details, and you can find ingenious ways to maximize resources.
- You have developed empathy to understand customers and ask the right questions to discover the underlying problem.
- You are comfortable handling data (in Excel, SQL, or something more advanced, the choice is yours, but you know how to get insights independently). You believe that data should help drive your product strategy. You can prove your hypothesis through data points.
- You can synthesize data and communicate the most critical insights.
- You are kind, thoughtful and have developed an ability to get things done.
- Your English CEFR level is at least B1
- You can clearly explain the acquirer, issuer, network, merchant, and customer model for processing payments to a non-technical person.
- You have worked on a Payments company, either a fintech, a PSP, a card network, or a bank in their online payments team (e-commerce). Alternatively, you have worked on the Payments team of a Marketplace.
- You know how to use Amplitude to create funnels to track conversion rates and get insights to improve your product.
- You have been a Product Manager for more than two years. Else, if you are looking to become one, we can teach you! But you need to prove you understand the Product Management role, are passionate about it, and are convinced it is the right move for your professional development.
- You enjoy DIY, gardening, or home improvement and want to play a role in the reinvention of this market profoundly.
It is OK to apply without meeting all the requirements; tell us why you are the right candidate, your motivation, and what you would need to be successful.
1/ Phone interview with a Talent Recruiter
2/ Interview with the Head of Product (the hiring manager)
3/ Interview with the Engineering Lead
4/ Interview with the Head of Payments (stakeholder)
What we offer at ManoMano
- People: Smart/ diverse backgrounds / international environment/ A positive, supportive & dynamic atmosphere
- Work: office/ hybrid/ full remote
- Salary: competitive salary package
- Technology: Get a laptop you love to do your best work
- Time off: 7 weeks of paid vacation
- Healthcare: mutual (60% taken care by MM)
- Retreats/ fun: music room/ a terrace/ modern office/ Crafternoons every Thursday afternoon (share your knowledge, learn from others)/ External events attendance, fairs & Meetups
- Food: all the coffee you can drink/ Restaurant card (Swile)
- Transportation: 50% reimbursement
- manomano:MM employee discount
- Parents: flexible policies
We're actively seeking applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
If all the above rings a bell, it probably means that we are meant to meet each other ! Please get in touch.« So, come and plant the seeds of your success and gather the fruits of your labour »
The information collected on this form is recorded in a file used by ManoMano - Colibri SAS so that we can process your application.
The data is kept for 2 years from the date of your application. You can access your data, rectify it, request its deletion or exercise your right to limit the processing of your data. You can also exercise your right to the portability of your data. Consult the cnil.fr website for more information on your rights. To exercise these rights or if you have any questions about the processing of your data under this scheme, you can contact our data protection officer by writing to [email protected]
If, after having contacted us, you feel that your "Data Protection" rights have not been respected, you may submit a complaint to the CNIL.