As a Product Manager you will own a product suite and be responsible for leading the full life-cycle of them, owning the vision, strategy and roadmaps. You’ll take your product from ideation and discovery through design, delivery, preparation for launch, measuring of success, and iterations. Working closely with engineering, you are ultimately responsible for making sure we’re building the right things for customers of your products. Your partners in engineering are responsible for making sure we build these things in the right way, but both of you care deeply about both things - it’s one team!
At Cazoo we believe in autonomous empowered Product Teams. While there will be plenty of strong opinions across our business about what the right thing to build is, you and your team are responsible for rapidly evaluating these ideas using experimentation and data to determine what is the right thing to build for our customers and business. Don’t expect to be dictated to or told what to build!
About Consumer Finance
The mission of the Consumer Finance team is to make financing a car no different to financing any other product online. Car financing is a complicated, unclear, and convoluted process for customers today. The goal of this team is to remove all of those barriers and create a seamless experience completely online for Cazoo customers all over Europe. There are two main focuses for this team for 2022 - roll out the consumer finance offering for new markets and optimise the existing offerings that we launched in December (Germany and France). The focus of this area is on the customer experience - we pride ourselves on creating a fantastic customer experience through the checkout process and beyond. We are looking for someone who wants to build an amazing consumer finance journey quickly and in multiple markets while not compromising the customer experience.
- Work with your customers, team and stakeholders to identify problems to solve or opportunities for growth
- Take responsibility for forming hypotheses and measures, and ensuring there is a backlog of epics with agreed priority
- Formulate the vision, strategy and roadmap for your product area, ensuring alignment of strategic priorities and roadmap across entire product portfolio
- Lead stakeholder sessions to determine key customer outcomes
- Lead product discovery, collaborating with UX, User Research, Engineering and key business SMEs…
- ....utilising rapid experimentation via a toolbox of techniques (e.g., user testing, concierge tests, prototypes, fake doors, wizard-of-oz, demand tests, A/B or MVT, etc.)...
- ...to determine what the right thing to build is for your customers – supported by data and evidence – as quickly and cheaply as possible
- Work with the business, technical and product teams to understand the needs of your customers
- Champion solutions that work for our customers and the business
- Define use cases and user journeys
- Work in close partnership with your team’s Tech and Design leads
- Lead the product design and builds to ensure we deliver in an efficient, cost effective manner
- Prioritise and set the team direction, creating a sense of urgency and momentum
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Manage features through development, ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date
- Break down your deliverables into smaller value chunks and iterate through delivery, releasing value early and often
- Work closely with Tech lead and team to plan sprints, releases and coordinate across dependent products
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to launch features (both externally and internally)
- Monitor and measure the success of the feature/product
- Lead decision on persist, iterate, or drop
We are looking for a Product Manager...
- with experience in working out what the right things to build are (as opposed to being told what to build by someone else!)
- with dual track (discovery/delivery) knowledge and ideally experience; at Cazoo we’re big fans of Marty Cagan
- who has worked with development teams to deliver amazing products with clearly measurable customer and business benefits
- with great stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- with an excellent sense of empathy for end-users
- who is comfortable with embracing ambiguity
- with the ability to compromise in the right way
- with a passion for product design
- who has a passion for bettering the product management practice
- who has experience managing product managers in sharing ways of working to benefit the team
- who has experience mentoring and coaching product managers to further their careers
- with demonstrable ability to rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of your product’s domain
- who loves collaboration and has experience in leading varied groups to swift decisions