Scale is at the forefront of enabling Machine Learning across multiple industries including self-driving cars, eCommerce, robotics, AR/VR, mapping and much more.
Scale is looking for a Product Manager for the Ops Scalability team. You will be designing and building new products, tools, and processes for our operators that solve new problems that arise as we grow. We are growing operations rapidly, on-boarding new customers in new industries and launching products all the time. This raises new strategic questions we need to answer as well as tactical challenges we need to overcome in order to ultimately scale operations.
You will be part of a team of cross-functional communicators and collaborators who will shape our operations products and solutions. You are relentless in driving stellar product and process designs, running pilots, tests, and experiments, then rolling out and handing over new solutions to a team of skilled operators.
The blend of strategy, product, operations, execution and design make this a unique and exciting role that will provide an opportunity to work with multiple teams (e.g., Engineering, Operations, Analytics, and several others) across the company and around the globe.
You are scrappy, analytical, outcome-focused, and above all a leader who gets and inspires results.
- Strategize and scope out an ambitious product roadmap for key ops systems.
- Build & Iterate: Design new processes and tools and drive their implementation across the organization within the US and globally, collaborating with stakeholders to improve processes for new and existing customers.
- Drive implementation/rollout of new processes, products, and tools. Then, train and handover to queue managers and operators.
- Partner on building our central knowledge/information center and continually test best practice processes and tools for operators across all verticals.
- Analyze & Experiment: Use quantitative experimentation to derive result-oriented actions across operational issues.
- Plan & Strategize: Problem solve some of our most pressing strategic operations challenges.
- Work cross-functionally: Partner with operations teams to drive step-function changes in how we can scale operations. Build, maintain, and regularly communicate detailed reporting for other leaders across the company who will use your team's data to inform their own operations and strategy.
Ideally you’d have:
- 1-2+ years of industry experience in a product role.
- Experience in operations or managed marketplaces (or strong willingness to learn).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, analytics heavy major (e.g., Engineering) or equivalent technical field.
- An entrepreneurial mindset that balances creative problem solving with the desire to run through walls to deliver outcomes.
- Analytical, planning, and process-building experience.
- A knack for building seamless and self-explanatory software.
Nice to Have:
- Experience building and developing fantastic internal tools.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster
and EEO poster supplement
for additional information.