The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is looking for an outstanding Product Manager to lead our vision and strategy for MongoDB and Kubernetes. This role will work to grow and scale MongoDB Atlas usage within the Kubernetes, and the wider cloud native, community. MongoDB Atlas is a multi-cloud application data platform that offers an integrated suite of cloud database and data services. This position will lead the roadmap for the MongoDB Atlas Kubernetes Operator, as well as the MongoDB Enterprise Operator for MongoDB Enterprise Advanced and the MongoDB Community Operator. The ideal candidate is someone truly passionate and knowledgeable about Kubernetes, as well as the larger Kubernetes ecosystem, and is excited to bring that to the benefit of the MongoDB community. They should be a self-starter with a learning mind-set who can work with senior leadership comfortably, takes tasks from start to finish, and someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
The position will be based in our Dublin office or remotely within Western Europe.
- Own the vision, strategy and roadmap to ensure customers have a frictionless experience integrating MongoDB Atlas and MongoDB into their new and existing Kubernetes managed applications.
- Drive collaboration across engineering, design, marketing, sales, partners, and executive leadership
- Lead the team to the right product decisions via deep engagement with internal stakeholders, customers, prospects, and partners.
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition, and technologies evolve, and factor competitive information and customer feedback into our product direction
- Bring a passion for careful data analysis to inform decisions
- Ability to work with the various field teams, as well as with customers directly to appropriately map out customer use cases and requirements
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing, and technical documentation
- Advocate for our cloud native customers, ensure we are meeting their needs to make using MongoDB seamless for them.
- 2+ years of product management or equivalent experience with a complex technical product, preferably in the Kubernetes realm.
- Experience and demonstrated success in delivering software products to market, while navigating both strategic vision and tactical requirements/details, on a fast-paced, growing team
- Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Comfortable with technical writing, e.g. blogs, howtos, and public speaking
- Kubernetes knowledge, preferably hands on experience.
- Domain knowledge in at least one or more areas of the Kubernetes ecosystem, such as: Platforms (e.g. OpenShift, VMWare Tanzu, Rancher), Public Cloud K8 platforms - EKS/AKS/GKE, Observability (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana).
- Solid technical skills — our users are developers, devops, ops engineers, etc. Our product managers must be just as technical and have working knowledge in these areas to better advocate for our users; while not expected to write production code, you should be comfortable diving into and understanding new code, using github, learning from existing examples, exploring APIs, reading and interpreting logs, triaging bugs, analyzing support cases, and speaking authoritatively on any of the technical aspects of the tools in your portfolio.
- B.Sc. in a Computer Science preferred or equivalent work experience.
Nice to Have
- Experience with developer-focused, cloud growth models and SaaS.
- Have had to write, defend, and execute business cases
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.