We are open to remote candidates for this role
At MetaLab, we ship beautiful, successful products that are rooted in true business and user needs.
As a Product Manager here, you ensure that we aren’t just shipping features, but that we are shaping and shipping products that have a lasting effect on businesses and their customers. You’ll contribute to defining the core product vision and be integral to the successful delivery of the product through hands-on collaboration with your project team and clients. You'll work closely with the client to help shape business objectives and understand user needs, while supporting design and engineering in a multitude of ways.
- Contribute to the definition of product visions and strategies through participation in product definition activities, such as research, success and objective definition, and roadmapping
- Partner to our client stakeholders in helping them make key product decisions to help them meet success metrics and goals
- Prioritize design and development activities to keep the team and client laser-focused on solving the right problem at the right time
- Lead ongoing requirements gathering, feature definition, and documentation for research, design, and engineering
- Create a wide array of product artifacts to support the design and engineering teams and keep them unblocked (eg: backlogs, user stories, sprint plans, briefs, requirements documentation, dependency diagrams, logic flows)
- Collaborate with engineering leads and project management to define technical implementation methods, assess backend requirements, generate technical estimates, and mitigate delivery impediments
The must-have short list:
- Experience shipping products through a variety of delivery methodologies
- Desire to be involved in both the shaping and shipping of products — even if you haven’t shaped a product before from scratch, you have a desire to learn more and be involved in the process
- Experience in and appreciation for user-driven product design and data-driven product refinement
- Able to write product features, specifications, user stories and requirements
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, internalize, and communicate complex or technical concepts
- Have an understanding of product management's role in various delivery methodologies and what each discipline needs for effective documentation
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in a remote environment
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.