We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Product Management at Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.
About Media Platform
As an integrated design platform, Canva contains 10s of millions of pieces of media in our public media library, and billions of pieces of user uploaded media: from photos, icons, videos, to stickers and fonts and more.
The Media Platform group owns the platform that stores, indexes, transforms and analyses the media inside Canva, as part of Canva’s mission to empower the world to Design Anything using Every Ingredient.
The work our group does is incredibly high leverage, and we deliberately seek to identify general platform capabilities Canva needs now as well as into the future, as Canva grows to support new forms of media, new use cases, and new ways to design.
You enjoy delivering value to users and laying a foundation for growth, whether that value comes from highly visible new features or platform improvements to support future use cases. You use data to support decisions and are comfortable aligning with stakeholders and making tough decisions about what we build.
You see yourself as a product owner, and you’re eager to work with whoever it is across the company to get things done. You consider yourself organised, and enjoy the satisfaction of keeping a project on track.
Goals you'll achieve in your first 6 months
- Understand our current platform capabilities & their use across Canva, work in flight and needs across the business, and how they align with Canva’s mission & goals.
- Refine the long term vision and strategy for the Media platform, and partner with teams across the business to define new projects.
- Launch new platform capabilities & unlock new features for users.
Goals you'll achieve from 6-12 months
- Deliver projects that support teams in Canva to launch strategic projects, for example in Video, Content Management and Education.
- Recognised as the go to product expert for media across Canva and what’s needed to support Canva’s rapid growth in media.
- Building the roadmap and vision for Media expansion in Canva.
- Serving as the domain expert for Media at Canva: understand the capabilities we support, what we’re building, and why.
- Partnering with product, technical, design and business stakeholders across Canva to discover opportunities and prioritise what really matters.
- Defining a vision and strategy for new platform capabilities aligned with Canva’s mission & goals that delivers real value to our users.
- Setting the priorities and goals for our group and teams, track our progress, and manage stakeholder expectations.
Experience you'll have...
- You have 4+ years experience in product management of a software product, experience with rich media products will be extra handy.
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- You’re experienced and comfortable with proactively engaging stakeholders and working cross-functionally with multiple teams.
- A strong technical background will be advantageous for this role, particularly for understanding the trade-offs involved in building a platform to support 10s of millions of users.
What you'll learn and how you'll develop...
- You’ll learn how to think big, really big and take 10x bets.
- You’ll learn to focus on the long term whilst making rapid progress in the short term.
- You’ll learn what it means to build a media platform at a scale that is only available at a very small number of companies.
- You’ll learn about working at a founder led company with mission, values and a genuine desire to be a force for good in the world at the heart of everything we do.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.