The Protocol group is looking to bring on a product manager to develop and deliver on a roadmap for our Protocol Platform team.
The Protocol group is a diverse combination of product managers, scientists, machine learning experts, and software engineers who are collectively responsible for developing remote sensing techniques to ensure that forest carbon credits are real, additional, long-lasting, and responsible for a global net reduction in atmospheric CO2.
As PM for the Protocol Platform team you will work closely with product, engineering, science, and modeling teams, as well as with business, operations, and a range of other stakeholders, to deliver high-quality scalable machine learning infrastructure and tooling for our modeling teams. You'll be responsible for aggregating the requirements across this diverse group, developing a shared vision for the Protocol Platform team, implementing a clear roadmap, and ultimately ensuring delivery against those goals.
If you'd like to learn more about what it's like to work at Pachama, please check out our careers page
- Be the owner on the protocol platform roadmap
- Work closely with modeling, science, senior product, modeling, and engineering team members to ensure the roadmap aligns cross-functionally
- Communicate with other protocol teams, the protocol group, and other stakeholders to share the existing roadmap & identify new problems that we should focus on, updating the roadmap along the way
- Help accelerate and deliver into production research that underpins the core technology of the company, creating the heartbeat by which our business operates.
- Participate in the development of architectural designs in partnership with engineers
- Develop detailed product requirement documents to communicate hypotheses, scope out new concepts, and describe primary use cases of upcoming changes, for distribution to the team
- Define OKRs with the team and track progress against them regularly
- Ensure that product and infrastructure changes are built to spec, and ultimately that the roadmap is executed upon, whilst keeping leadership updated on progress
- Update stakeholders when new models or features are available through release notes, documentation and direct communication.
- Facilitate and coordinate the adoption by other teams of the infrastructure and tooling developed by the team.
- Build an awesome machine learning infrastructure and tooling!
You should have:
- Strong alignment to Pachama's values
- 3+ years of product management experience with a focus on machine learning tooling and infrastructure
- Experience working with and scoping requirements from diverse products teams.
- Experience working with remote sensing data and infrastructure teams would be a plus
- An entrepreneurial spirit, which translates into being a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- A proven track record of shipping complex products
- A deeply analytical thought process, driven by data and first principles
- Near-mastery of Jira and Notion (or similar)
- A team focus and low ego
- Crisp communication skills
- A strong ability to prioritize across multiple dimensions
- A results-oriented mindset - you do whatever it takes to execute on complex projects