Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We're also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child's boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We've also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
We’re seeking an experienced Product Manager to build and lead new products for kids.
Outschool has grown rapidly by helping families find engaging, enriching classes for their learners. To expand our offering and reach even more learners, we are creating a new team to explore ways for kids themselves to discover Outschool, find their passion, and develop a love of learning. This role combines the blue-sky customer development of 0->1 product work with the scrappy, experiment-driven hustle of a Growth role.
Alongside peers in marketing, user research, analytics, design, and engineering, you will lead product discovery around this new vertical and help craft the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the team. The right candidate will have a strong track record of delivering engaging products in a startup or growth-stage environment.
You’ll be able to operate independently with your team to deliver great products, while also helping to level up the Product team as a whole. You may be a senior leader looking to get hands-on again at an earlier stage company, or you may be an early-stage specialist looking for an inspiring mission where you can have more impact.
At other companies, this role would be equivalent to a senior position. At Outschool we have decided to take an unconventional approach to titling that aligns with our values and is focused on impact above status. You can learn more about our titling philosophy here.
- Lead a cross-functional product pod that includes engineers, a user researcher, and a designer
- Understand deeply the needs and wants of learners and how we can support their learning
- Define and communicate a product strategy and roadmap for your pod
- Own product execution, working closely with engineering and design to ensure fast, high-quality implementation and iteration
- Drive KPIs and metrics for your product area through iteration and experimentation
- Lead your pod and the larger team to improve customer experience
- Help improve product processes
- Bring others in by inspiring and enlisting the whole company to better explore solutions to problems
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 5+ years of product management experience at 2 or more companies
- Track record of delivering major product initiatives at consumer web companies, working with senior engineers and designers
- Experience across the full product lifecycle from ideation, planning and exploration through implementation, release and iteration
- Experience defining product processes and leading product teams in a high-growth startup environment
- Business acumen to define a product strategy that balances business and user experience goals
- Resourcefulness and creative ability to come up with novel solutions
- Great interpersonal skills that allow you to shine when you’re talking with a customer or leading a cross-functional meeting
- Strong quantitative skills that let you define and analyze experiments and answer your own questions using SQL
- Domain experience with products designed for 5-18 year olds and/or K-12 education.
At Outschool, we believe that taking care of one another enables us to do our best work. To us that means:
•Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.
•Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
•PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
•Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
•Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to neurodiverse individuals, applicants with physical and mental disabilities, and disabled veterans. For individuals who would like to request an accommodation, you may reach out to us at [email protected]
or through your Recruiting point of contact as you schedule your initial interview.
Benefits packages are included for full-time employees only.
Full-time employees must be a citizen or legal residents of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.