Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 884M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 1000 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2022!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, Barcelona, Berlin, London, Prague, New-York and Tokyo). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
Do you dream about entrepreneur experience and want to be part of building a new business within BackMarket helping a 1T$ industry (Pro IT equipment), in a profound mutation, changing its way of consuming electronic goods, all around the world?
We are seeking an experienced and innovative Product Manager Lead to own, define and develop a new business: Back Market for Business (B2B). The scope is the end-to-end experience, from supply onboarding and visibility , search to checkout journey, services and support integration that meet businesses needs from SMEs to Large Enterprise, from Public Institutions to associations.
You will be responsible for developing a comprehensive experience. The scope of this role is very broad, with high visibility and complete autonomy on the scope. It requires a blend of technical & functional expertise, data fluency, user understanding, and business acumen.
Back Market for Business is a company within the company at Back Market.
YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT): ?
- As Back Market for Business PM Lead, you’ll work hand-in-hand with your Business and Engineer counterparts, in order to build this new and disruptive product to serve all kinds of companies (from SMEs to Large Enterprises) with an end-to-end scope from discovery to checkout of refurbished IT equipment and services, including after sales experience and Supply integration.
- Developing and driving the short and long term product vision and strategy of Back Market for Business, driving the change in professional habits towards circular economy, partnering with many stakeholders, taking into account the input and needs from our professional clients, from SMEs to Large Enterprises.
- Working hand in hand with your engineering counterpart to make sure we have reliable and yet ambitious roadmaps, with the expected level of delivery quality to deliver user journey and features, leading the full product cycle: problem identification, user research, ideation, design, development, and launch.
- You’ll have full latitude to perform all the experiences that you deem relevant in order to improve our CVR and fuel our growth at Back Market for Business.
- Identify, challenge and collectively decide on arbitrages to be made to maximize time to market and user satisfaction in a agile and entrepreneurial environment
- Liaise with all product counterparts (data and product analysts, product designers, UX researchers, etc.) to identify any synergies between BackMarket and BackMarket for Business
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF: ⭐
- You are looking to build a business with an entrepreneurial mindset
- You are Customer centric and at the same time obsess with time to market.
- You have a strong experience (5 years and more) as a Product Manager in an Agile environment(Scrum, Kanban, etc.) on growth-related and transverse topics; and you are able to shape product discovery and delivery according to lean/agile principles. Your rigor will allow you to guide your squad in the most efficient way possible: writing detailed specifications and framing, defining our user stories, evaluating different evolution requests, continuously benchmarking to participate in the evolution of our user experience
- You have a strong business sense. Ideally, You have one successful experience on a business position
- You have a strong UX/UI sense and interest in tech-related topics (good knowledge of APIs, coding basics, etc.)
- You are able to tackle various tasks and various topics : this role is very transverse and encompasses business topics including marketing, supply, customer care, shipping and logistics, payment and a lot more
- You have a hands-on approach, and you're comfortable working in an early-stage environment, where stepping out of your direct responsibilities in order to help your Business, Finance or Engineering counterparts
- You are creative and solution driven
- You have experience to work with mix of internal and external development
- You have a strong international experience and are used to handle cultural differences
- Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills help you in building strong relationships and handling business stakeholders and top management expectations
- Team spirit is essential for you
- English is a no brainer, we are an international team
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌?
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.