Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and Europe
Kraken is expanding its product team! This is an incredible opportunity to join a market leader in the hottest global industry. With growth rates and innovation opportunities not seen since the early internet days, Kraken is positioned to win. This role will be responsible for a critical aspect of the business and will play a significant role expanding Kraken’s business, while working alongside the brightest minds in the crypto industry. This position will be a cornerstone of the product team working with internal and external engineers and technologists, designers, business leadership, partners and customers. We are building a product team of highly motivated self-starters who possess sound business acumen, make data-driven decisions, and clearly communicate their vision and plans to others. We are seeking people who are professional but know how to have fun too!
We’re building a crypto bank! Kraken Bank is a first of its kind digital assets bank, combining the realms of traditional finance and cryptocurrencies under one umbrella. As a Product Manager your role is crucial for the bank success - both Kraken as a whole and Kraken Bank in particular are technology driven organizations. You’ll work on bank transactions, on-boarding flows, regulatory & compliance requirements, innovative banking products, UX, and of course cryptocurrencies.
You’ll provide day-to-day cross-functional leadership to ensure the timely delivery of the product roadmap, product expertise and vision, product/market fit guidance, product requirements and additional content related to the products we’re launching
The successful candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability and willingness to balance consumer needs, regulatory requirements with business priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Drive the development and integration of the Kraken Bank core components
- Maintain market and competitor insights across the banking and crypto industries
- Maintain and prioritize the product roadmap
- Work closely with finance, compliance, legal and other key stakeholders
- Plan relevant testing, rollouts and execution stages
- Definition and on-going monitoring of relevant KPIs
- Evangelize the power of analytics and experimentation in building a data-driven organization
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for improvement
- Develop product documentation including specifications, wireframes, and process flows.
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
- Knowledge and/or experience in the banking or fintech worlds
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of large scale systems
- 3-5 years of relevant product management experience
- Understanding of the cryptocurrency space
- Expertise in data gathering and quantitative analysis
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter
- Strong grasp of information architecture and user experience best practices
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Deep understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Prior crypto, trading, gaming, banking or risk relevant experience is required
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know