The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them. We ask that our team members be physically located in Central European time or Eastern Standard/Daylight time zones for the purposes of our collaboration hours.
As part of this mission, we’re developing next-generation listening experiences -- interactive sessions that automatically get better in real-time and over time. We’re doing this by crafting intuitive two-way user experiences that delight listeners, built on top of sophisticated machine learning algorithms that infer what you want next based on every action you take. We’re looking for a Product Manager to accelerate these efforts and expand upon our existing offerings, in order to attract and retain an ever-broader audience of music & podcast lovers to Spotify.
What you'll do
- Engage with product, marketing, and user research teams to identify needs of music listeners.
- Combine creativity with thoughtful experimentation and iteration to find the ideas that resonate with users
- Partner closely with engineering, machine learning, analytics, and design teams to regularly ship new experiences
- Define, supervise, and analyze metrics for launched products, and feed takeaways back into the development process
- Work collaboratively with the team and partners to develop a roadmap and a coherent product backlog that supports it. Continuously maintain, prioritize and iterate on this backlog.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results to a wide range of audiences, from internal partners to all Spotify employees
Who you are
- 3+ years of product management experience and a consistent track record of delivering impact through engineering teams, preferably at consumer-facing technology companies
- Experience in recommendations, personalization, or machine-learning based products
- A proven ability to translate strong user empathy into something tangible that people love
- A belief that data is a powerful tool for informed decision-making
- Experience running experiments and interpreting quantitative and qualitative findings
- Familiarity with iterative development principles and practices, including breaking large product goals into small, achievable slices for early and frequent delivery
- Comfort driving projects from start-to-finish, with a predictable cadence and involving multiple partners from diverse subject areas
- Strong interpersonal skills, and sensitivity to the needs of a geographically-distributed team
- A passion for the audio space and cultural equity & impact
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.