We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva, you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers, and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
About the User Voice Help and Community team
The Canva User Voice Help and Community team’s mission is to make getting help and inspiration simple for everyone and every design. Their purpose is to make it easy to exchange help, ideas, and inspiration with people using Canva around the world.
You will ...
- Build a product vision for the Canva Help Center (canva.com/help) that will enable instant self-help for our global community of Canva users, working with a cross-specialty team to set and achieve ambitious goals in support of this vision.
- Work closely with our Marketing and Community operations teams to establish and grow the new Canva Community, driving decision making on future features and capabilities.
- Work with teams across Canva to discover additional opportunities to deepen the Help Center knowledge base providing exceptional support for all of Canva’s user segments.
- Identify and solve hard customer problems by building simple, delightful new product experiences.
- Own the end-to-end product development process for our Help and Community team from research and problem definition to design, build and launch.
- Build and deliver a product roadmap supported with insights from customer feedback, data analysis, market research, user testing, and the experience of other teams internally.
About you ...
- You have experience in a product management role; for a consumer facing SaaS product, related online software product or digital product.
- You are constantly motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do and keep everyone on track, ensuring everyone’s doing their best. You can rally the team to work together and make sure everyone is working effectively to reach their goals.
- You have worked with engineers and have a solid understanding of web tech stacks. You're familiar with the backend, frontend, and everything in between. You know that an engineer’s job is often to perfect the details; while your job is to map these details to the bigger picture.
- You feel at home when using data to make decisions—whether that’s analytics, user research, survey feedback, or in-person user testing. When presented with competing imperatives and a mountain of data, you can identify and organize clear, concise actions, arriving at appealing and practical solutions to problems.
- You are a problem solver who is excited by a challenge. You have a structured process to problem-solving and can take a problem—with many moving parts—and break it down into small achievable actions. You know when to be flexible though, and can alter your structure to fit the needs of the team and project.
- You are a user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to creating modern solutions, shipping new products, and addressing your users’ real needs.
- You are excited by the prospect of working directly on shipping simple, beautiful products. You’re aware of what it takes to get from envisioning ideas to delivering the final product.
- You consider yourself a bit of a creative. You enjoy pushing the limits of what is possible, dreaming up inventive solutions to solve challenging problems. You believe in Canva’s mission and want to be part of the team making it possible.
- You are a marketer at heart - You can demonstrate an understanding of the importance of growth, activation, and retention with respect to the platform and how that translates into user growth
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, and as such it’s likely that you’ll be working on new and exciting projects pretty often
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.